Associate Director, DMP Client Strategy
- 35 W Wacker Dr, Chicago, IL 60601, USA
Spark Foundry is a global media agency that exists to bring HEAT – Higher Engagement, Affinity, and Transactions – to brands. By combining flawless media fundamentals with aggressive innovation, Spark inspires consumers to pay more attention; to care more about our clients’ brands; and to buy more products and services from them.
Balancing the nimble spirit of a startup with the powerhouse soul of Publicis Media, Spark Foundry delivers the best of both worlds to a client roster that spans some of the world’s best and most beloved brands and companies. We combine boutique-caliber insights and service with the buying clout and first-look access of a global leader, bringing the heat to challenger brands that want to act like giants, and to giant brands that want to act like challengers.
With a Millennial-friendly, bottom-up culture that celebrates diversity and aims for all voices to be heard, Spark has become a magnet for the industry’s best talent, with one of the best retention rates in the industry. And by applying a whole-person approach to professional and personal development, Spark develops a workforce that is well prepared for today’s challenges, and also poised to create meaningful careers in the years to come.
Because we know that heat arises the intersection of complementary forces, our professionals come from myriad disciplines and backgrounds: data, analytics, and insights; content and creative production; communications and strategy; finance and marketing; and sociology, psychology, and other liberal arts disciplines.
The Data Architecture team is an elite team of data and marketing technology specialists with expertise in the ever-changing universe of ad technology, precision marketing and data management.
The Associate Director will be integral in driving ad/mar tech and data integration conversations and strategies on behalf of our clients, and then implementing these strategies with the Programmatic activation and operations teams. The Associate Director will become an expert in the Data advertising landscape and will consult with internal teams and clients on partner/vendor selection, data onboarding, platform integrations, audience activation and testing framework, and audience reporting/insights.
This highly motivated, detail-oriented individual will work with both the client and internal stakeholders to educate them on the myriad uses of data and to drive innovation in the use of data and technology for the client. He/she will also generate key insights and audience profiles to align with strategic planning and will also work with 3rd party data vendors and publishers to maximize the data opportunity for the client and go beyond what is currently available.
The successful candidate will have a fully-rounded knowledge of the digital advertising and data landscape and a passion for working with marketers and clients to drive advertising value.
• Be an in-house expert on how Data and Programmatic advertising can provide ROI for clients
• Guide and drive use of audience data to impact media strategies for client account(s) based on overall objectives
• Understand how platform/data technologies work and offer the ability to explain technical concepts in ordinary terms (be technically savvy - understand the opportunities and limitations)
• Identify opportunities – industry learning, meet with vendors and provide a POV, with a client lens and in desired format -- education/evangelize the findings
• Oversee relationship with the DMP (Data Management Platform) and project manage the deployment and activation of DMP and other data technology solutions.
• Partner with internal Programmatic arm to support DSP activation as well as advanced data use cases
• Oversee, author and/or constructively edit and review the writing of media documents (timelines, POVs, RFPs, plans, agreements, client memos, and correspondence from within and outside the agency).
• Share knowledge with client and internal teams regarding audience insights and results to impact business needs
• 3 + years team managing 2 + direct reports
• 8 years experience in digital media and ad technology
• Excellent oral, written and client presentation skills
• In-depth technical knowledge of ad and marketing technology, including ad servers, rich media, dynamic creative, streaming video, OBA, ad verification, data management platforms, on-boarding solutions, DSPs, etc
• Strong project management skills and keen ability to delegate
• Strong understanding of digital media planning and management processes
• Previous agency-side experience
• Strong track record managing multiple client verticals across variety of third-party marketing measurement technology platforms
• Strong track record in quickly adapting to new ad measurement platforms in the most detailed of the sense (DCLK DCM enhancements, Sizmek, Rich Media, Video, Mobile web and in-app tracking deployment experience necessary)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.