VP, Director Audience
- 205 Hamilton Row, Birmingham, MI 48009, USA
Starcom USA (http://www.starcomww.com/markets/united-states/) is a world-renowned media communications agency that architects connected human experiences in the one-to-one era of marketing. With more than 1,300 employees in the U.S., Starcom gets the right consumers’ attention and delivers brand-building results in partnership with the world's leading marketers and new establishment brands, including Airbnb, Allstate, Bank of America, Kellogg Company, Kraft Heinz, Lowe’s Home Improvement, Samsung, Visa and more. Starcom USA is part of Publicis Groupe [Euronext Paris: FR0000130577], one of the world’s leading communications groups.
We value you and the work you do. We work hard, but also enjoy scores of perks rooted in our legacy of having one of the strongest agency cultures. Our top-notch health insurance plans and very generous paid time off allow you much-needed time to recharge and achieve the work-life balance you need to bring your absolute best self to work.
The VP, Data and Platform Solutions will be responsible to deliver better marketing decisions using data. This person will provide data leadership by applying expertise in how audience data can help impact a client’s business. Drive media planning teams to translate the client goals and objectives into actionable data applications through the DMP and Ad tech relationship. Audience data can help make smarter media decisions and this position is geared to helping facilitate the integration of this process into a media team. This will include media oversight and involvement of clients DMP, CDP, DSP/Programmatic Strategy, and other DCO/Data drive creative.
This highly motivated, detail-oriented individual manages a team who work with clients and internal stakeholders to educate on uses of data, drive innovation in the data and tech space, partner with analytics to create test plans, generate key insights and profiles to align with strategic planning, and maximize value out of client partnerships.
- Be an in-house expert on how Data and Platforms can provide ROI for clients
- Oversight of multiple parts of the account
- Guide and drive the use of audience data to impact media strategies for client account(s) based on overall objectives
- Understand how platform/data technologies work and offer the ability to explain in ordinary terms (be technically savvy - understand the opportunities and limitations)
- Identify opportunities – industry learning, meet with vendors and provide a POV, with a client lens and in the desired format -- education/evangelize the findings
- Oversee relationship with DMP (Data Management Platform) and Ad Tech Solutions
- Partner with teams to support DSP, and Data/Analytics partnerships
- Oversee, author and/or constructively edit and review the writing of media documents (timelines, POVs, RFPs, plans, agreements, client memos, and correspondence from within and outside the agency).
- Drive data strategy and integration into media plans focused on audience details
- Lead planning team to make data management a central tool for smarter planning
- Share knowledge with teams regarding audience insights and results to impact business needs
- Build and maintain relationships with audience data partners and internal agency counterparts
- Act as a liaison between media and cross functional teams based on client needs (Analytics, Media, Tech, Strategy)
- Understand and adopt new trends and/or processes in Interactive Media for clients and the Agency
- Managing the process of defining audiences to be leveraged, sharing of data with partners, and tracking and compiling performance reports regarding audience groups
- Staying apprised of new and emerging technology, creative and programming applications for potential use for clients and drive innovation with partners
- Offer New Business strategic development and thought-leadership
- Accurate and timely reporting of billable and non-billable time
- B.S. or MBA, preferably in Marketing, Advertising, or Data Science
- 8-10+ years in digital media or account planning, with special emphasis on planning and creating insights related to consumer segments
- 3+ years with increasing responsibility within an agency or media company
- 3+ years of people managing experience
- Data and Programmatic Marketing subject matter expertise
- Understanding of campaign management/ad serving
- Working knowledge DSPs, third-party audience data
- In-depth understanding of digital advertising landscape from either media planning or sales planner perspective
- Experience with rich media and data-driven creative
- Experience analyzing data and market research
- Familiarity with basic accounting/math principles; basic statistical analysis experience is a plus
- Strong leadership, guiding cross-functional staff
- Able to present complex contently simply to C-Level clients or industry events
- Experience managing multiple, competing priorities, duties and/or projects
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to lead projects independently from start to finish, working with internal and external teams to make decisions and maintain forward momentum
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.