Director, Analytics & Insights
- 35 W Wacker Dr, Chicago, IL 60601, USA
Spark Foundry is a global media agency that exists to bring HEAT – Higher Engagement, Affinity, and Transactions – to brands. By combining flawless media fundamentals with aggressive innovation, Spark inspires consumers to pay more attention; to care more about our clients’ brands; and to buy more products and services from them.
Balancing the nimble spirit of a startup with the powerhouse soul of Publicis Media, Spark Foundry delivers the best of both worlds to a client roster that spans some of the world’s best and most beloved brands and companies. We combine boutique-caliber insights and service with the buying clout and first-look access of a global leader, bringing the heat to challenger brands that want to act like giants, and to giant brands that want to act like challengers.
With a Millennial-friendly, bottom-up culture that celebrates diversity and aims for all voices to be heard, Spark has become a magnet for the industry’s best talent, with one of the best retention rates in the industry. And by applying a whole-person approach to professional and personal development, Spark develops a workforce that is well prepared for today’s challenges, and also poised to create meaningful careers in the years to come.
Because we know that heat arises the intersection of complementary forces, our professionals come from myriad disciplines and backgrounds: data, analytics, and insights; content and creative production; communications and strategy; finance and marketing; and sociology, psychology, and other liberal arts disciplines.
The Director, Analytics & Insights is responsible for the application of data driven insights into the Spark planning, investment and measurement process. Additionally, the role requires the candidate design and lead the implementation of modern measurement plans and longer terms roadmaps for Spark clients. Working closely with the internal client teams, Analytics and Insights and Data, Technology and Innovation teams is a vital part of the role. Functions as expert technical point of escalation, analytical problem solver and technical translator to internal account teams and clients. Provides ongoing strategic account direction/vision for technology, process and digital reporting/insights.
• The successful candidate will have experience and expertise in how to intersect consulting skills, data, advanced analytics and marketing strategy to drive and improve clients’ business results
• Deliver best in class media attribution roadmap, including measuring video and mobile multi-touch attribution
• Manage client data ingestion for advanced attribution and modeling
• Build strong relationships with internal stakeholders and groups, facilitating synergy between the Strategy and Investment functions that manage day-to-day client business
• Build and develop relationships with client business directors and brand teams, ensuring that client and overall data proposition is relevant and aligns with strategy direction
• Drive a culture of ‘always on’ data driven decision making that will institutionalize the use of consumer-driven analytics in media / marketing investment planning
• Grow product delivery and agency revenue organically by cross selling and up selling value add analytical products across client divisions, markets & categories
• Scope and direct advanced analytics projects to ensure that the deliverables are designed to answer valuable client and media team questions, and that timelines and scope are adhered to
• Bachelor’s degree in Applied Mathematics or related fields
• Graduate degree in statistics, economics, econometrics or related disciplines is preferred
• 8+ years of experience consulting clients on making strategic investment decisions to improve business results
• Strong functional understanding of contemporary marketing analytics, advertising technology and research techniques, as well as an innovative vision on how the practice should evolve to keep pace with the ever changing marketing environment
• Strong understanding and experience with digital media buying, KPI development and technology practices during campaign planning and execution
• Experience with media measurement tools including 3rd party ad serving, syndicated research and web analytics, such as Netratings, Comscore, Doubleclick, Atlas, Omniture, Coremetrics, Google Analytics , etc. is preferred, but not required
• Strong client management/consultative experience both presenting and resolving issues
• Extensive experience leading and managing marketing technology projects from ideation through installation
• Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills – demonstrated ability to mine data for relevant and actionable insights
• Advanced written and verbal communication skill with ability to communicate/translate complex concepts to non-technical audience
• Demonstrated experience with programmatic audience buying concepts and execution
• Strong math and analytical skills
• Advanced MS Office skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Experience with statistical modeling software (MATLAB, R, SAS, SPSS, Python) database tools (Amazon Web, SQL, MS Access, Excel PivotTables, MS Sql Server) and enterprise business intelligence tools such as Cognos, Business Objects,Tableau, or Datorama
• Very good understanding of traditional and digital media data
• Excellent project management skills
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail a must
• Excellent presentation and communication skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.