Associate Director, Analytics
- 35 W Wacker Dr, Chicago, IL 60601, USA
Spark Foundry is a global media agency that exists to bring HEAT – Higher Engagement, Affinity, and Transactions – to brands. By combining flawless media fundamentals with aggressive innovation, Spark inspires consumers to pay more attention; to care more about our clients’ brands; and to buy more products and services from them.
Balancing the nimble spirit of a startup with the powerhouse soul of Publicis Media, Spark Foundry delivers the best of both worlds to a client roster that spans some of the world’s best and most beloved brands and companies. We combine boutique-caliber insights and service with the buying clout and first-look access of a global leader, bringing the heat to challenger brands that want to act like giants, and to giant brands that want to act like challengers.
With a Millennial-friendly, bottom-up culture that celebrates diversity and aims for all voices to be heard, Spark has become a magnet for the industry’s best talent, with one of the best retention rates in the industry. And by applying a whole-person approach to professional and personal development, Spark develops a workforce that is well prepared for today’s challenges, and also poised to create meaningful careers in the years to come.
Because we know that heat arises the intersection of complementary forces, our professionals come from myriad disciplines and backgrounds: data, analytics, and insights; content and creative production; communications and strategy; finance and marketing; and sociology, psychology, and other liberal arts disciplines.
The Associate Director, Analytics is responsible for the application of data driven insights into the Spark planning, investment and measurement process. Additionally, the role requires the candidate design and lead the implementation of modern measurement plans and longer terms roadmaps for Spark clients. Working closely with the internal client teams and Analytics leads is a vital part of the role, with accountability for the highest quality execution of a diverse array of client and project deliverables. Functions as expert technical point of escalation, analytical problem solver and technical translator to internal account teams and clients. Provides ongoing strategic account direction/vision for technology, process and digital reporting/insights.
• Self-sufficiently manage multiple reporting responsibilities and analytical projects across various line’s of business with guidance from senior team members
• Work with complex data structures; manipulate and cleanse data and perform custom analyses
• Interpret data and generate insights
• Design, execute, and deliver analyses such as: multivariate creative analysis, predictive modeling benchmarking analysis, user overlap analysis, path to conversion analysis, funnel analysis
• Produce easy-to-understand, error-free, and timely deliverables that analyze user behavior and motivations online to provide actionable insights that address client business objectives
• Independently deliver results and presentations to internal stakeholders and clients
• Clearly define and manage project deliverables, timelines, and dependencies for junior team members, internal stakeholders, and clients
• Support the development of measurement strategies, learning agendas, and roadmaps with input from senior team members and internal stakeholders
• Provide training, project support, and career advice to junior team members
• Bachelor’s degree, MBA or Master’s degree in quantitative studies preferred
• 5-7 years of work experience in a quantitative business environment
• Exposure to Media or Online Advertising
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
• Knowledge of database structure and functionality
• Data manipulation and statistical tools (e.g. - SQL, R, Python, SAS, SPSS)
• Experience working with DoubleClick ad server
• Business Intelligence tool experience (e.g. - Datorama, Domo, Tableau)
• Experience working with survey vendors (Lucid, Kantar Millward Brown, Research Now, etc.)
• Intellectual curiosity and a passion for working with data and deriving insights
• Strong communication and client service skills
• Organized and self-motivated with excellent attention to detail
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.