Vice President/ Director, Experience Design
- 375 Hudson Street, New York, New York, United States
Digitas is The Connected Marketing Agency, committed to helping brands better connect with people through Truth. Connection. Wonder. With diverse expertise in data, strategy, creative, media, and tech, we work across capabilities and continents to make better connections and achieve ambitious outcomes through ideas that excite, provoke and inspire. Curious and fully transparent, we are always examining real human behavior to create authentic connections—between brands and consumers, clients and partners, and ideas and outcomes. Digitas has 3,300 employees across 12 countries and 24 offices, with an extended network via Publicis Media of over 23,500 employees present in more than 100 countries worldwide. To connect with Digitas or learn more, visit www.digitas.com.
UX Vice President/Director: Experience Design
Our UX Directors at Digitas are strategic leaders who make digital products and services people love to use. They are collaborators who bring multidisciplinary teams together to set and drive a vision forward. Their backgrounds run the gamut from research to IA, ecomm to software, startup to agency. They are designers focused on creating the best possible experiences, who love making new things, and are exceptionally well versed in the practice of modern digital product creation.
They empathize and solve user’s problems. They can take a complex and ambiguous client ask and lead a team in the right direction. They think strategically, and show clients that what they want is not necessarily what they need. They are exceptional storytellers. They are makers at heart, and are not afraid to jump in and get their hands dirty.
A few things we want to see in you:
- A portfolio full of beautiful, usable experiences on all kinds of devices (experience creating engaging omni-channel digital experiences across web, mobile, AR/VR, voice, gesture, IoT, and video)
- Demonstrated mastery in lean UX, design thinking and agile methodologies
- A track record of managing teams. We’re talking all the way from the interview process through performance reviews
- Conceptual digital marketing skills to sell the digital products you make
- Experience leading and winning new business pitches and growing existing relationships
- Obsession with the quality of what gets launched
- Drive innovative ideas, solutions and products through leadership and decisive action. Become the key evangelist of experience design + digital products and services
- Participate in press activities, conferences, discussions with thought leaders and market analysts
- Systems & Design Thinking, and other human-centered design understanding
- Change Management & Team Building
- Excellent communication skills in regard to being able to communicate complex concepts clearly, interactively, and persuasively to all of these audiences is an absolute necessity
- Ability to delegate, prioritize and manage a considerable workload
- Strong analytical, project management and problem solving skills, with high attention to detail
- Well-rounded user research skill set: discovery and exploratory research, usability testing, online surveys, customer interviews, contextual inquiry, ethnographic research
- Expertise using a wide variety of qualitative and quantitative research tools
We’re group of A-type creatives without ego pushing for the best work that we owe to each other and to our clients. We have a proven track record of success within the agency as well as among our clients. We’ve won awards, but more importantly we’ve MADE THINGS WE ARE PROUD OF. Bonus: we really like working with each other.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Digitas is an equal opportunity employer.