Senior Media Buyer
- 35 W Wacker Dr, Chicago, IL 60601, USA
Starcom USA (http://www.starcomww.com/markets/united-states/) is a world-renowned media communications agency that architects connected human experiences in the one-to-one era of marketing. With more than 1,300 employees in the U.S., Starcom gets the right consumers’ attention and delivers brand-building results in partnership with the world's leading marketers and new establishment brands, including Airbnb, Allstate, Bank of America, Kellogg Company, Kraft Heinz, Lowe’s Home Improvement, Samsung, Visa and more. Starcom USA is part of Publicis Groupe [Euronext Paris: FR0000130577], one of the world’s leading communications groups.
We value you and the work you do. We work hard, but also enjoy scores of perks rooted in our legacy of having one of the strongest agency cultures. Our top-notch health insurance plans and very generous paid time off allow you much-needed time to recharge and achieve the work-life balance you need to bring your absolute best self to work.
This role can sit out of our Detroit or Chicago office and will focus on negotiating media buys across assigned local markets. The Senior Associate Media Buyer will work cross-functionally with internal teams and vendors to develop and execute and negotiate local media buys across multiple channels (tv, radio, print, ooh) with a heavy emphasis in local TV for a high profile automotive client. The ideal candidate for this position is an agile, proactive, team player who is curious and open to the changing face of media buying through technological advancement. Must haves include at least 1+ years of experience in media buying with at least one full year of experience executing and negotiating media buys. Furthermore, the ideal candidate will possess strong problem solving skills and embrace a fast-pace agile environment in the ever changing landscape of media. This is a very collaborative and connected team dedicated to great client service as well as fostering an environment for professional growth for their team members.
- Define and develop success metrics appropriate to campaign goals
- Manage invoice reconciliation initiatives
- Collaborate with internal and vendor partners to successfully execute brand campaign
- Work cross-functionally with traffic team to ensure deadlines and deliverables are met
- Negotiate and execute media buys for assigned markets
- Embraces new technology, including tools and systems, and looks for ways to better these in a positive way
- Takes the lead in responding to majority of emails/requests from account team and delegates those that are appropriate for an associate to respond to
- Manage budgets to make sure the money is going to the right place, and that it’s not being overspent in any one area
- Manage tactical planning work with associate to issue RFP’s, select media vehicles, mapping and negotiating using various planning platforms
- Work with the traffic team to ensure that all materials are ordered and trafficked appropriately
- Work with associate to steward the audit reports of the inventory that are expected with each campaign
- Responsible for generating and delivering various media reporting to account teams and internal finance teams both on scheduled and ad hoc basis
- Develop and deliver professional media presentations and documentation that is client ready
- Ensures all work for assigned clients is completed accurately by reviewing all appropriate work, including cost exercises, draft billing reporting, general reporting and decks
- Notifies Associate Director and Director, if appropriate, of any issue or potential problem to help troubleshoot
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertisement, Communications or related field
- 2+ years of experience in media buying and planning
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 1 year of experience negotiating and executing media buys
- Excellent mathematics skills
- Advanced skills in MediaOcean, Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong vendor management and invoice reconciliation skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.