Project Manager, Technology
- 205 Hamilton Row, Birmingham, MI 48009, USA
Starcom USA (http://www.starcomww.com/markets/united-states/) is a world-renowned media communications agency that architects connected human experiences in the one-to-one era of marketing. With more than 1,300 employees in the U.S., Starcom gets the right consumers’ attention and delivers brand-building results in partnership with the world's leading marketers and new establishment brands, including Airbnb, Allstate, Bank of America, Kellogg Company, Kraft Heinz, Lowe’s Home Improvement, Samsung, Visa and more. Starcom USA is part of Publicis Groupe [Euronext Paris: FR0000130577], one of the world’s leading communications groups.
We value you and the work you do. We work hard, but also enjoy scores of perks rooted in our legacy of having one of the strongest agency cultures. Our top-notch health insurance plans and very generous paid time off allow you much-needed time to recharge and achieve the work-life balance you need to bring your absolute best self to work.
The Project Manager, Platform Technology will be responsible to Identify, define and manages the overall Platform Technology project plan(s), execution, resource management, issue tracking, quality, change management, risk management and communications for assigned projects.
This position will work closely with Platform Architect, as well as Strategy, Analytics, Media Buying, Media Planning, Investment, TAAG (Tag And Activation Group) and Information Technology, and will need to be able to communicate effectively with a variety of technical and non-technical resources. The role requires both strategic and technical skill sets, intellectual curiosity, proficiency at problem-solving.
Responsibilities: Manages implementation of projects for assigned account teams and/or assists in the implementation of an agency-wide project or process improvement.
- Provides task assignments, work direction and guidance to project teams
- Routes work between all responsible groups in all stages of development
- Conveys project changes and updates to appropriate team members
- Facilitates team and client meetings to review work
- Prepares regular status reports and distributes internally and externally, if necessary
- Reviews deliverables prepared by team before presenting to client
- Tracks key project milestones and adjust project plans and/or resources to meet the needs of clients
- Ensures project management process and procedures are adhered to on all assigned projects
- Serves as a liaison between stakeholders, sponsors and steering functions raises issues/risks to project implementation in a timely manner
- Raises issues with and/or collaborate with leads to find resolutions on project hurdles that threaten cost, schedule, or project scope
- Uses project management techniques to track progress against planned targets throughout the lifecycle of the project
- Gathers and provides feedback for process improvement, lessons learned, project enhancements, and strategic alignment with business objectives
- Collaborates with and manage vendors as needed
- Product development experience, including .NET, Python, and Web UI (Bootstrap, Angular, React)
- Participate in areas of the Agile development process, such as ensuing sprint reviews, retrospectives, and planning sessions are held on a regular basis
- Facilitate and participate in QA testing
- Ability to make recommendations to modify programs/systems in ways that maximize effectiveness and success
- BA/BS degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Communications, Statistics, Economics, or equivalent and 5+ years of related experience
- Knowledge of and hands on experience with a variety of project management methodologies including Agile, PMBOK, Six Sigma and SDLCProject.
- Management Professional (PMP) Certification or be in the process of obtaining certification desired
- Experience leading cross-functional project teams within the software development, marketing services, or digital media industries
- Demonstrated business analysis and technical writing skills required to create accurate and executable project documentation
- Knowledge of product development practice, methodologies and process (such as Product Development and Management Association), experience a plus.
- Solid analytical skills with foundation in statistical techniques or similar skills in strategic business management
- Experience with project management software
- Knowledge of Data Lake, Dashboards, Alteryx, Tableau, Google Marketing Cloud and Adobe Marketing Cloud considered a plus
- Prior experience as a software developer/engineer a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.