- 384 Northyards Blvd NW, Atlanta, GA 30313, USA
Moxie is a modern marketing solutions agency that expertly leverages the value of data, content and technology to help our clients grow. We push the boundaries of what's possible to outperform the competition in the areas of strategy, creative, social marketing, media, analytics and technology development. Founded in 2000, Moxie has 300+ talented employees in Atlanta, New York and Pittsburgh. Owned by global media giant Zenith — part of the Publicis Groupe — Moxie is able to quickly leverage cross-company areas of enterprise, talent, experience, resources and tools. Moxie's client roster includes Verizon Wireless, Verizon FiOS, Delta Air Lines, Porsche, Wells Fargo, The Coca-Cola Company, Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse, Smucker's, Arby's and WalMart.
The Account Director is a decision maker dedicated to a major piece of business in the agency and holds significant accountability for the account. He or she needs to understand the client’s business, its engines of profitability, the competitive landscape, the challenges of the category, the internal politics of the client organization, and more.
The role of Account Leadership is to drive Moxie’s business forward and to provide alternative ways to innovate against the client’s objectives.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Ensure the overall health of the business (client satisfaction and profitability to Moxie)
- Uncover opportunities and grow business through thought leadership, client/category expertise and consistent delivery of good work.
- Focus on deepening client trust and broaden the agency’s purview/stature within the client organization
- Serve as an expert on the client’s business and industry (including direct and indirect competitors)
- Lead client presentations for new initiatives with cross-functional experts
- Lead integration with partner agencies
- Provide POV as the work goes into the engine at major milestones and when it becomes the final product to determine if it delivers on the objectives and strategy set forth initially.
- This includes providing unadulterated feedback and input to the client on how it is being pushed through their organization.
- · Serve as ombudsman (i.e., intermediary between agency and client, representing the broad scope of interests)
- Investigate and assuage client concerns related to agency and work to resolve them with the appropriate cross-functional leads
- Identify and communicate organizational or business roadblocks on client side running counter to agency interests
- · Present key category and out-of-category best in class examples of innovation, programs and trends to inspire the internal team and clients
- · Involve the marketing team to understand the work the team is developing and to determine its potential for external and internal use, including case study worthiness
- · Showcase Moxie’s work internally and externally (at all levels and on more than just creative work to agency and client)
- Ensure agency personnel are updated regularly on client’s business
- State of the business with full team on a quarterly basis along with a review on how the team is functioning, delivering, excelling, having challenges, to continually better the overall relationship and team.
- Provide Quarterly review to Executive Management Team
- Connect, organize, and lead cross-discipline team meetings
- Provide final approval on key initiatives, presentations and work output
- Forecast revenue with Finance team
- Collaborate with project management team on major fee negotiations and upcoming work
- Manage, mentor & develop staff of Client Partners and/or Associate Client Partners
- Oversee development of Input Briefs for major initiatives with Client Partner team
- Develop staff through performance management and consistent feedback.
- Identify development opportunities for members of the Client Management team to help them work toward their professional goals
- Lead the development of client black book and ensure it is being maintained by the rest of the team (nuances, business challenges, competitive, engines of profitability, CRM tool, etc)
- Identify key programs that should be showcased and ensure team is drafting case studies for recent work
- Promote an open working environment where opinions, views and ideas can be shared
- Active involvement in Moxie, Zenith Optimedia and externally throughout the industry
- Other responsibilities as assigned
May require overnight travel up to 30% to 50%
Years of Relevant Experience
- 7+ years of relevant digital experience – needs to include account management, and/or brand management, marketing, advertising
- 3+ years of experience with team management and staff development
- 3+ years of experience managing CRM programs
- Experience in one or more of the following categories: Retail, e-Commerce, Automotive
- 2+ years of experience in an agency environment with a mix of digital and traditional
- Cross-functional experience (technology, mobile, social, finance, media, creative)
- Deep understanding of CRM programs and methodology
- Industry experience in after-market car care (quick lube, vehicle repair & maintenance) a plus
- Branding as well as direct response experience
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Competencies
- Ability to manage multiple clients or lines of business with revenue between $5mm - $10+mm
- Embody a competitive spirit for both Moxie, our clients, and doing innovative work
- Confident and authoritative while also genuine and authentic
- Ability to form genuine relationships internally and externally
- Good intuition
- Experienced and tactful communicator
- Internally and Externally
- Formal written, informal written, verbal – must be able to “hold your own” in high-pressure conversations both internally and with clients
- Ability to communicate complex information in easy-to-understand terms
- Diplomatic in providing strong POV and making difficult decisions
- Able to work with broad spectrum of people - senior to junior level, multiple mindsets (internally and externally)
- Experienced in crisis and issue management across multiple client levels
- Skilled in commanding attention when presenting to senior level clients and large room of people
- Ability to inspire people to do great work
- Ability to sell a point of view or ideas through storytelling
- Ability to manage multiple client levels and navigate different client agendas
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.