Manager, Business Intelligence
- 35 W Wacker Dr, Chicago, IL 60601, USA
Starcom USA (http://www.starcomww.com/markets/united-states/) is a world-renowned media communications agency that architects connected human experiences in the one-to-one era of marketing. With more than 1,300 employees in the U.S., Starcom gets the right consumers’ attention and delivers brand-building results in partnership with the world's leading marketers and new establishment brands, including Airbnb, Allstate, Bank of America, Kellogg Company, Kraft Heinz, Lowe’s Home Improvement, Samsung, Visa and more. Starcom USA is part of Publicis Groupe [Euronext Paris: FR0000130577], one of the world’s leading communications groups.
We value you and the work you do. We work hard, but also enjoy scores of perks rooted in our legacy of having one of the strongest agency cultures. Our top-notch health insurance plans and very generous paid time off allow you much-needed time to recharge and achieve the work-life balance you need to bring your absolute best self to work.
The Starcom Advanced Analytics & Insights (AAI) – Governance team draws on the dynamic advertising technology space, digital and offline analytics, and evolving methodologies to address complex research and measurement challenges across Starcom client brands.
The Governance team transforms large quantities of raw data into a painting for our Decision Science teams to interpret. They utilize research, data, reporting and analytics techniques to support the client business questions, assists with developing ‘test-and-learn’ approaches that roll-up to the client’s larger learning objectives, and implements best practices around research, analytics and campaign measurement.
We seek creative individuals who combine strong analytic abilities, excellent database skills and effective communication capabilities to better shape and deliver solutions. The Business Intelligence Manager will be implementing data visualizations and business solutions using Tableau. He/she will primarily be responsible for the design, build, testing, deployment, and support of complex analytical solutions as part of an established team.
- Build new BI capabilities (tools, models, and processes) that can empower users and help drive efficient and better decisions throughout the organization.
- Help maintain and enhance current BI solutions while constantly assuring quality
- Leveraging different data architectures and data blending technologies to provide data to Tableau.
- Analyze business requests and partner with stakeholders to provide a strategic solution
- Work with business support, project management and technical experts as required
- Follow implementation standards & deployment processes
- Develop and update any necessary documentation for training and transfer of knowledge
- Transform various sets of raw data into a useful resource for our internal teams to draw insights from
- Support execution of customer, media, brand, and market research that produce unique insights and opportunities
- Help integrate platforms such as Snapchat, Facebook, Google, and other ad servers with our systems
- Design and support internal Data Management Platforms used by the Advanced Analytics & Insights department
- Report on key metrics for campaign effectiveness and develop key findings for optimization
- Foster strong relationships with internal client teams
- Assist internal groups in maximizing the use of available research sources and proprietary studies
- BA/BS in Computer Sciences, Information Technology, or equivalent
- 3+ years extensive work experience in the area of dashboard and static reports design, development, testing, and support
- Experience in media/marketing research, consumer insights, business consulting, or data analysis preferred
- 2+ working with Tableau Business Intelligence software
- Excellent data modelling skills and experience working with multiple datasets
- Knowledge of project management methodologies and best practices
- Possess a desire to work for a fast-paced, results-based company
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Resourceful, curious, and motivated individual with an ability to work independently as well as in a team setting
- Knowledge of statistical software packages and coding languages (egg SAS, SPSS, R, Python) is a plus
- Strong organizational and communication skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.