Regional Media Manager
- Anson Rd, Singapore
Starcom is the Human Experience Company. A world-renowned media communications agency, we believe the alchemy of people and technology creates experiences people love, and actions brands need. With more than 5,000 employees worldwide, Starcom partners with the world's leading marketers and new establishment brands, including Airbnb, Coca-Cola, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles, Kellogg Company, Kraft Heinz, Samsung, Visa and more. Starcom is part of Publicis Media, one of four solution hubs within Publicis Groupe [Euronext Paris FR0000130577, CAC40], and has offices within Publicis One.
As a Regional Media Manager, you will be responsible for managing hub/network operations for VisaOne Regional team. Working closely with the account lead, network lead, planning team, digital specialists, data team, you will focus on driving operational excellence across the region.
Specifically, you will be responsible for:
1. Operation Management
- Work closely in support of the account/network lead on all operational and network matters.
- Ensure local & hub adoption and adherence to global guidelines, mandates, benchmarks.
- Follow-up on implementation - status reporting back to global, clarify details between local & global.
- Ensure media deliverables are met on time and within budget and align with clients' objectives.
- Manage operation work flow, process feedback between local teams and hub/VIK.
- Manage hub transition & activation timeline.
- Collate Annual Block Plans updates from local markets.
- Facilitate & manage non-data specific requests (e.g. Global Sponsorship plan/spends/reporting, AOOH reco from local markets, vendors rate cards/media kits, etc.)
- Ensure clear documentation on all communications with all parties.
2. Financial Management
- Develop, Manage cross-country planning/buying process and scopes, billing process flow
- Review and Facilitate work orders for regional funded activities (i.e. Datorama project, MROI, etc.)
- Manage finance/billing request (i.e. status updates) from client
- Work closely with finance team and local markets to report on financial matters
- Work with Hub Planner & Project POCs to ensure accurate and timely invoicing (e.g. regular review of unbilled reports, resolve unbilled cases with Finance).
- Follow-up with clients on aging matters.
3. Research & Media Applications Proficiency
- Proficient in all syndicated and proprietary media applications.
- Guide and troubleshoot for planners (local/hub team) on applications usage.
- Display competency in using advanced functions in each tool.
- Able to tap into proprietary consumer insight applications or alternative sources for more in-depth analysis.
- Proficient in using agency's planning approach/tools/apps (e.g. Catalyst / Tardiis APAC / EDJ)
To be a successful candidate, you will be/have:
- A bachelor’s degree
- 5-6 years media planning experience required
- Experience working on Global Network Clients either at a global or regional level
- Fast learner, logical thinker
- Responsible and can-do attitude
- Adaptive, flexible and able to work with people from different backgrounds and cultures
- A keen interest to learn and understand the digital ecosystem
- Familiar with the timelines, processes and needs of the implementation of all media
- Knowledgeable about new approaches to and developments in digital tactical planning (social and mobile included)
- Demonstrates critical thinking and problem solving
- Ability to work successfully with teams, handling multiple projects and meeting tight deadlines under pressure
- Supervisory skills
- Knowledge and use of various research systems
- Technical proficiency, particularly with media systems and MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Integrates understanding into the work to make decisions on the business
- Understands what the client's business needs by understanding the history of the brand and what the client wants it to stand for. Understands the client's strategic intent and the implications for building the client's business
- English proficiency