SEO Manager (Performics)
- Anson Rd, Singapore
Publicis Media is one of the four solutions hubs of Publicis Groupe ([Euronext Paris FR0000130577, CAC 40], alongside Publicis Communications, Publicis Sapient and Publicis Healthcare.
Led by Steve King, CEO, Publicis Media is comprised of Starcom, Zenith, DigitasLBi, Spark Foundry, Blue 449 and Performics, powered by digital-first, data-driven global practices that together deliver client value and business transformation. Publicis Media is committed to helping its clients navigate the modern media landscape and is present in more than 100 countries with over 23,500 employees worldwide.
The Performics SEO Manager will lead the design and execution of client SEO initiatives, with a focus on technical SEO. This individual will work closely with SEO lead to develop search strategies that meet and exceed our clients’ business objectives. This position requires a hands-on manager with astute attention to process and detail and who possesses the ability to generate actionable insights and recommendations. The SEO Manager is responsible for working with account lead to co-manage client relationships on a day-to-day basis.
Identify and Resolve Technical SEO Issues
- Set-up Google/Bing/Baidu/Naver Webmaster Tools accounts for client websites, and monitor them regularly for crawling and indexing issues. Issues identified will be surfaced to the SEO Lead Manager, documented for client communication/follow-up.
- Has a solid knowledge of search engine spider, crawl and indexing process, while understanding the importance of XML sitemaps, robots.txt files and 301 redirects to those processes.
- Has a solid understanding of web server function, including common server error codes (e.g. 404).
- Has a strong familiarity with the web development process, including the important points at which SEO must be considered.
- Able to demonstrate understanding of how duplicate content and page load speed affects SEO by advising clients on best practices for successful implementation and improvement.
Monitor, Analyze and Report on SEO Performance
Monitor client sites regularly for technical crawl issues and other relevant errors using a variety of SEO tools and expertise.
Analyze backlinks to client and competitor sites to identify outdated links, 404s, incorrect redirects, or opportunities for competitive improvement.
Provide insightful analyses and commentary addressing KPI trends and progress. Provide actionable recommendations aimed at addressing gaps in performance, leveraging current strengths, and building on past successes to take advantage of recognized opportunities.
Prepare periodic reports (weekly/monthly/quarterly, as appropriate to the project) that surface important trends and campaign progress in relevant KPIs, using properly formatted charts, tables, and narratives as appropriate.
Have working knowledge of Excel, including the ability to perform pivot tables and VLOOKUPs (understanding of INDEX/MATCH is a plus).
Audit Websites for SEO Issues
Using a variety of tools (including Screaming Frog, FireBug, and others), inspect websites for on-page, off-page and technical issues.
Conduct Keyword/Persona Research
Use a variety of tools, competitive research and other methods to discover optimal keyword targets appropriate to the business needs of the client.
Determine the persona of the ideal target for each client, and align SEO strategies and tactics accordingly.
Determine the metrics that are most important/relevant to each client, and align SEO strategies and tactics to maximize impact (and ROI) within the budget available.
Consult on Site-Level SEO Strategies
Apply, and be able to explain, the concept of content siloing to client website organization.
Conduct content gap analyses and develop content creation strategies/roadmaps.
Apply, and be able to explain, SEO best practices for site navigation, breadcrumbing, internal links (including anchor text optimization), and HTML sitemaps to client websites.
Apply, and be able to explain, SEO best practices for domain, sub-domain and directory structure to client websites.
Conduct Page-Level Optimization
Execute optimization of webpages for clients’ target keywords using Pure Visibility’s format.
Demonstrate the importance of linear keyword distribution and reading level to page-level optimization.
Clearly convey campaign progress, priorities, issues, concerns, new strategy ideas, etc. to coworkers and clients.
Prepare project deliverables with a high-level of quality (in terms of both substance, format, and understandability). Documents will be accurate, grammatical, easy to read, and spell-checked.
Surface project/campaign issues to SEO Manager in a timely manner, in order to provide highly responsive service to the client.
Prepare for, attend, and contribute to internal and client-facing project meetings.
Prepare for, attend, and contribute to SEO team meetings.
- 3-5 years of relevant SEO experience;
- Communicate complex SEO strategies to a wide range of stakeholders;
- Measure the success of SEO campaigns with use of web analytics and SEO campaign management tools;
- Analyze large amounts of data from a variety of sources;
- Prepare executive-ready reporting of SEO campaign performance;
- Substantial experience with the web development process;
- Sound technical understanding of how search engines, web servers and user agents work;
- Experience using SEO campaign management software (such as BrightEdge, SEMRush, Moz);
- A track record of successful SEO program execution in both B2B and B2C settings, particularly with a lead generation focus;
- Up-to-date understanding of organic search trends, including search engine algorithm changes, the latest tools and technologies;
- Excellent presentation, communication, analytical and problem-solving skills.