- George Street 70, Sydney, NSW, Australia
We are looking for an experienced Analyst to join our national Insights, Analytics and Content team. Our team works with multiple brands across industry verticals to develop and execute campaign, brand and customer experience strategies grounded in insights drawn from real world experiences, small and big data.
Working closely with our National Digital and Content Director and our wider team, you will take an active role in the development and growth of our data and analytics offering, both through new business development and organic growth.
Day-to-day, you will be responsible for performing strategic analysis across a range of clients and briefs, including performance reporting, bespoke analytics and research projects. This will include uncovering and making sense of relevant data signals mined from social, search and online audience behaviours, and presenting your findings to relevant stakeholders in a clear and effective manner.
Comfortable in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment, you will have the ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team, with a track record in extracting meaningful insights from data and uncovering optimisation opportunities that helped drive successful outcomes.
Always on the lookout for relevant signals and trends, you will be instrumental in cultivating a culture of curiosity and providing robust data-led intelligence to help inform both our strategic planning and creative work. You will be well-versed in marketing and digital analytics, with a particular expertise in social media, web and search analytics.
Eager to learn, your passion for the strategic use of data to inform creativity and drive effectiveness extends beyond digital analytics to include broader rich data sets, quantitative and qualitative, with associated tools and techniques.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in marketing analytics, with a particular expertise in social media, search and cross-device web analytics (data collection, manipulation, analysis, tools and techniques), gained preferably in a marketing/CX environment in a dedicated analytics team (agency or client side)
- Well-versed in all aspects of search, web and social media analytics (including listening and performance reporting) – from setting up and running data queries to deriving insights in response to brief and relating results to client business and marketing objectives
- Experience in analysing paid digital media performance data (e.g. SEM, display) is desirable
- Proven ability to collect and organise data into a useful form that can be used for strategic analysis
- Strong analytical skills with a proven track record in deriving impactful actionable data-led insights that meet client objectives
- Highly skilled in developing customized data-led insights reports to inform strategic decisions
- Excellent data visualisation and communications skills (both written & verbal), with strong logic and ability to articulate complex or key findings in a simple way
- Precise and excellent attention to detail
- A self-starter who can work well both independently and as part of a team, with the ability to self-manage, manage projects and stakeholders effectively
QUALIFICATION AND TOOLS:
- University degree (majoring in statistics, mathematics, business, marketing or computer science)
- Well-versed in using the following BI software: Sysomos (or similar), Google Trends and Google Analytics, Hitwise (or similar), Global Web Index (or similar), mainstream social platform analytical tools (such as Facebook Audience Insights)
- Experience in using AdTech and MarTech platforms (such as Google Double Click, Adobe or Salesforce Marketing Cloud) is highly desirable
- Experience working with visualisation software such as Power BI, Tableau, Datorama is a plus
- Advanced knowledge of Excel (including data manipulation, analysis and visualisation), with My SQL, SQL server or similar SQL programming languages a plus
- Prior experience of completing ETL tasks using ETL tools and techniques working with larger raw data sets is a plus, as is the ability to discover and analyse relevant data patterns in support of decision making/brief