Associate Director, Analytics
- 1675 Broadway, New York, NY 10019, USA
Spark Foundry is a global media agency that exists to bring HEAT – Higher Engagement, Affinity, and Transactions – to brands. By combining flawless media fundamentals with aggressive innovation, Spark inspires consumers to pay more attention; to care more about our clients’ brands; and to buy more products and services from them.
Balancing the nimble spirit of a startup with the powerhouse soul of Publicis Media, Spark Foundry delivers the best of both worlds to a client roster that spans some of the world’s best and most beloved brands and companies. We combine boutique-caliber insights and service with the buying clout and first-look access of a global leader, bringing the heat to challenger brands that want to act like giants, and to giant brands that want to act like challengers.
With a Millennial-friendly, bottom-up culture that celebrates diversity and aims for all voices to be heard, Spark has become a magnet for the industry’s best talent, with one of the best retention rates in the industry. And by applying a whole-person approach to professional and personal development, Spark develops a workforce that is well prepared for today’s challenges, and also poised to create meaningful careers in the years to come.
Because we know that heat arises the intersection of complementary forces, our professionals come from myriad disciplines and backgrounds: data, analytics, and insights; content and creative production; communications and strategy; finance and marketing; and sociology, psychology, and other liberal arts disciplines.
The Associate Director, Analytics will be central in driving analytic insights and strategic thinking for a specific Spark Foundry account. You will be the key contact for the client on media strategy/performance and will provide recommendations for both DR and awareness/consideration campaigns. You will also be responsible for ensuring that data and a continuous test and learn approach is implemented and utilized to drive client’s media objectives.
This position requires strategic and tactical thinking with an eye for numbers, intellectual curiosity, proficiency at problem solving, an in-depth understanding of online media and technology. You must have a proven track record in data-rich analyses, be a team player and responsive in a client service environment.
• Self-sufficiently manage multiple reporting responsibilities and analytical projects across various line’s of business with guidance from senior team members
• Work with complex data structures; manipulate and cleanse data and perform custom analyses
• Interpret data and generate insights
• Design, execute, and deliver analyses such as: multivariate creative analysis, predictive modeling benchmarking analysis, user overlap analysis, path to conversion analysis, funnel analysis
• Produce easy-to-understand, error-free, and timely deliverables that analyze user behavior and motivations online to provide actionable insights that address client business objectives
• Independently deliver results and presentations to internal stakeholders and clients
• Clearly define and manage project deliverables, timelines, and dependencies for junior team members, internal stakeholders, and clients
• Support the development of measurement strategies, learning agendas, and roadmaps with input from senior team members and internal stakeholders
• Provide training, project support, and career advice to junior team members
• Bachelor’s degree, MBA or Master’s degree in quantitative studies. The equivalent combination of education, training and work experience may be suitable
• 5-7 years of work experience in a quantitative business environment
• Minimum 3+ years of experience in strategic marketing/media analytics (online & offline; traditional, digital and cross-media)
• Minimum 2+ years of team management (with direct reports)
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
• Knowledge of database structure and functionality
• Data manipulation and statistical tools (e.g. - SQL, R, Python, SAS, SPSS)
• Social analytics tools (Sprinklr preferred)
• Experience with the measurement of both Acquisition and Brand Awareness campaigns; expertise in measuring campaigns’ ability to impact upper, mid and lower funnel metrics
• Experience working with ad/mar technologies like:
• Ad Servers (Google/Doubleclick, Innovid, Sizmek, Flashtalking, etc.)
• Programmatic Media & Exchanges (OpenRTB, Direct, PMP’s, DSPs, DMPs, SSPs, etc.)
• Experience working with survey vendors (Lucid, Kantar Millward Brown, Research Now, etc)
• Business Intelligence tool experience (e.g. - Datorama, Domo, Tableau)
• Experience working with web analytics platforms (Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, WebTrends, etc.)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.