Staff Accountant (Entry Level Accountant)
- 35 W Wacker Dr, Chicago, IL 60601, USA
Starcom USA (http://www.starcomww.com/markets/united-states/) is a world-renowned media communications agency that architects connected human experiences in the one-to-one era of marketing. With more than 1,300 employees in the U.S., Starcom gets the right consumers’ attention and delivers brand-building results in partnership with the world's leading marketers and new establishment brands, including Airbnb, Allstate, Bank of America, Kellogg Company, Kraft Heinz, Lowe’s Home Improvement, Samsung, Visa and more. Starcom USA is part of Publicis Groupe [Euronext Paris: FR0000130577], one of the world’s leading communications groups.
We value you and the work you do. We work hard, but also enjoy scores of perks rooted in our legacy of having one of the strongest agency cultures. Our top-notch health insurance plans and very generous paid time off allow you much-needed time to recharge and achieve the work-life balance you need to bring your absolute best self to work.
The Staff Accountant is an Junior / Entry level position that provides financial support within a multi-location media advertisement agency in order to carry out day-to-day Finance and Accounting activities across assigned client teams. This role works collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders, and cross-functional teams to ensure timely and successful delivery of solutions and day to day accounting and finance initiatives. This is part of a collaborative team that fosters an environment of career development and comradery.
- Prepare monthly journal entries and assist with month end close process
- Support internal and external audit documentation and compliance
- Assist with quarterly Client Profitability and Practice P&L reporting
- Prepare and review monthly Financial Monitoring and Controls reporting
- Track and assist with gathering budget and forecasting data
- Lead Accounts Receivable collections efforts and associated reporting/forecasting
- Ad Hoc management reporting
- Special projects as needed and additional duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting or equivalent with a minimum of 6 credit hours in accounting courses
- Six (6) months or more of accounting experience (internships count!)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Intermediate to Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel including pivot tables, advanced formulas, VLookups, etc.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with diverse groups
- Willingness and eagerness to learn and take on new tasks
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.