VP / Director - Data & Consumer Insights
- 205 Hamilton Row, Birmingham, MI 48009, USA
Starcom is the Human Experience Company. A world-renowned media communications agency, we believe the alchemy of people and technology creates experiences people love, and actions brands need. With more than 5,000 employees worldwide, Starcom partners with the world's leading marketers and new establishment brands, including Airbnb, Coca-Cola, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles, Kellogg Company, Kraft Heinz, Samsung, Visa and more. Starcom is part of Publicis Media, one of four solution hubs within Publicis Groupe [Euronext Paris FR0000130577, CAC40], and has offices within Publicis One.
The Data and Consumer Insights team is partnering with Strategy, Brand Teams, and Investment Teams to demonstrate understanding and actionable insight that drive investment and communication decisions. He/She will be applying research, data and analytics techniques and outputs with a focus on storytelling and data visualization to address key business questions. This position requires both strategic and tactical skill sets with organization, collaboration, attention to detail, intellectual curiosity, proficiency at problem-solving, and the ability to work in a fast-paced atmosphere with minimal direction. The individual must demonstrate a strong understanding of both traditional and digital media principles, and encompass the ability to make complex topics relatable.
This role will manage a team focused on gathering and understanding data from multiple sources to create a comprehensive understanding of what is happening with our customers and prospects, and why they are making the decisions they make. This role is combining both traditional research methods as well as being a center of knowledge for all the data available to our teams and clients. She/he will work with strategy teams to aid in development of targets, marketing goals and competitive challenges
- Lead measurement programs/studies; work with the client and internal teams to identify the right solution; manage the studies end-to-end including design, quality control, analysis and presentation
- Architect primary research studies using numerous methodologies to quantify attitudinal impact of media
- Create ongoing understanding of market conditions through syndicated research and custom studies
- Lead response to client questions, creating client-ready presentations and presenting at meetings with groups across various disciplines
- Synthesize client data, syndicated data, agency, and industry knowledge to communicate opportunities, learnings, and recommendations with authority and credibility
- Support measurement execution focused on brand health, consumer behavior and advertising, media, and partnership effectiveness
- Evaluate new and current data partners and new approaches to ensure agency solutions are cutting edge
- Collaborate with client and vendor research, insights and analytics teams to understand gaps, contributing to strategic learning agendas on answering business goals and challenges
- Proactively educate internal and external clients on research, tools, and approaches
- Execute, manage, and deliver best-in-class business and competitive intelligence and insight analysis and reporting to inform communication strategy
- Own the pre-planning research deliverable for flagship campaigns, focusing in on the competitive landscape, audience trends, brand needs that collectively provide the foundation for strategic planning
- Align with strategy team’s development of target audience profiles using a mix of syndicated and client data and build alignment of audiences between client segmentation work, strategic media targets and addressable targeting
- Lead media, brand, and consumer research that yields unique insights to inform clients when budget setting on new product launches, integrating inputs across teams and partners into large-scale presentations
- Adapt Publicis Groupe corporate points of views for the client; ensure that client needs are represented in Publicis Groupe’s research programs.
- Contribute to agency best practices
- Build trust relationship with internal teams, clients
- 12+ years in competitive, media, marketing research, consumer insights, business consulting, or digital advertising research/analytics/ insight
- Bachelor’s degree in advertising, marketing, business, statistics, or similar discipline
- Excellent project management, organization, leadership, presentation and communication skills
- Strong grounding in traditional and digital media advertising effectiveness methods including ROI, preferably working knowledge of market mix model results
- Knowledge and interest in learning about the traditional and digital media research measurement vendor marketplace, with the ability to identify and evaluate new capabilities across suppliers
- Familiarity with syndicated and audience data tools, able to work with and share survey-based data
- Experience with competitive reporting systems and interest in the competitive landscape of the technology marketplace
- A team player with proven ability to work well with others, acting both resourceful and collaborative
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.