- 205 Hamilton Row, Birmingham, MI 48009, USA
Starcom is the Human Experience Company. A world-renowned media communications agency, we believe the alchemy of people and technology creates experiences people love, and actions brands need. With more than 5,000 employees worldwide, Starcom partners with the world's leading marketers and new establishment brands, including Airbnb, Coca-Cola, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles, Kellogg Company, Kraft Heinz, Samsung, Visa and more. Starcom is part of Publicis Media, one of four solution hubs within Publicis Groupe [Euronext Paris FR0000130577, CAC40], and has offices within Publicis One.
The Director oversees the strategy of all media campaigns across channels for a top, forward-thinking automotive client. This person is a leader who contributes to the brand strategy and builds solid working relationships with clients and internal teams across all levels and functions.
As the day-to-day point of contact for senior-level partners, the Director facilitates ongoing education for internal teams and clients, identifies new revenue growth opportunities, and provides team management and strategic insight. The ideal candidate is proactive, organized, and collaborative.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of current media industry news and brand business (current and historical perspectives) with a focus on initiatives
- Ensure the team delivers sound strategic media recommendations based on a clear understanding of brand objectives
- Lead the team and day-to-day client interaction and build, maintain, and grow client relationships and client business
- Apply your experience to elevate strategic thinking across the portfolio and set appropriate learning agenda elements
- Write and deliver strategies and POV’s as well as oversee the translation of these strategies into the final audience recommendations/plans
- Work with analytics and research teams to identify/apply learnings and the investment and operations teams to ensure flawless implementation
- Analyze client’s audience strategies and work with internal groups to lead business case development
- Facilitate team building through collaboration, open communication, and focused project management to assure that assignments are executed in a timely manner
- Provide vision, direction, management and support to individuals within the team to ensure their work aligns with our mission and goals
- Demonstrate a deep technical understanding as well as problem-solving and intervention when necessary
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in marketing, advertising, business, or equivalent and
- 7-10+ years of media experience
- 5+ years of management experience
- Ability to strategically plan campaigns to align with clients strategic goals and KPIs
- Strong understanding of analytics to inform and validate planning and strategy
- History of identifying media opportunities, presenting them to clients, and executing
- Experience monitoring and recommending improvements to the entire media planning process
- Ensuring people are adopting the best in class tools, techniques, systems to deliver effective media processes
- Portfolio management of paid media for a large brand
- Excellent communication (written and verbal along with visual storytelling), diplomacy, and relationship building and decision making skills with the ability to think creatively.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.