Real Science Account Executive
- 82 Baker St, Marylebone, London W1U 6TE, UK
Real Science is a scientific centre of excellence, infusing credibility and scientific rigour into conversations around health and wellness choices. A medical communications agency of 30 account handlers and medical writers, and part of the Publicis Health network, we believe in building teams of people who ‘just get it’. Together, we design creative educational and multichannel solutions for our clients, grounded in scientific principles that make a real difference.
Real Science has an enviable reputation in the industry for both our work and our company culture. We are continually being sought out by clients who want to work with us because of our reputation for innovative, scientific thinking and excellent delivery.
Our ability to integrate medical education, public relations and advertising specialities allows us to create impactful and effective solutions, whatever our clients’ needs. As part of Publicis Health our clients can benefit from our unprecedented global understanding and reach. Please visit our website for more information: www.thisisrealscience.net
We’re looking to recruit an account executive into the client services team within our London office at Baker Street. We have the need for junior level support on some of our largest accounts and some of the biggest names within healthcare. If you join us, you will have the opportunity to learn from an experienced team about a number of therapy areas including oncology, CNS disorders, dermatology and diabetes. You will have the opportunity to learn how to manage a variety of projects including scientific platform and strategy development, advisory boards, educational meetings and materials, congress activities, digital resources and publications to name but a few. In this role you will also have ownership of all the day-to-day account work associated with our clients’ projects. For example, you’ll be responsible for managing budgets and finance, project timelines and status reports while learning all you can from the account managers and account directors in the team.
It’s an exciting role within a close-knit team and there are plenty of avenues for personal and professional development, which you can explore within the wider Publicis Healthcare Communications Group network.
Critical Job Criteria:
- Demonstrates a fundamental knowledge of assigned brands and their associated market environment.
- Has thorough knowledge of key competitors (strengths, weaknesses, positioning, and performance).
- Demonstrates significant knowledge of agency procedures, issues faced and contributes to problem resolution.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the healthcare market and regulations.
- Undertakes media monitoring as required by the account teams.
- Reviews the literature and competitive information to continually expand understanding of brand/market.
- Develops their knowledge and demonstrates understanding of different communications disciplines through on the job experience and training.
- Develops their knowledge of key disease areas related to client responsibilities; including understanding of major competitors and potential issues relevant to account.
Client Relations/Communication Skills
- Keeps the internal team appraised of the status of all jobs by issuing timely and accurate documentation and correspondence (e.g. status reports, timelines and estimates.).
- Develops and maintains harmonious client relationships and manages client expectations to foster effectiveness/productivity.
- Demonstrates influence and diplomacy in written and verbal presentations – both internally and externally facing.
- Demonstrates the ability to prioritise their workload of multiple clients/projects at the same time, whilst ensuring high standards of work are delivered to deadlines.
- Identifies their own training and coaching activities which will help to improve their own performance/personal development.
- Helps and assists with operational support as required.
Strategic and Tactical Planning
- Understands the client’s brand, the key issues, strategy and positioning.
- Participates in creating innovative tactics to support brand strategies.
- Shows resourcefulness and thoroughness in developing tactical plans (including budgets and timelines).
- Supports the account managers in tracking budgets by ensuring invoices are sent out on time, budget fee forecasts and status reports are updated monthly and sent to the finance team and job bags and supplier expenses are tracked.
- Maintains budget status reports across designated accounts.
- Develops and revises estimates when required and accurate and organised records are kept of estimates and estimate revisions.
- Maintains accurate and current files/reports.
- Ideally you should already have experience (or work experience/internships) from within an agency background.
- You should be academically strong and qualified up to Bachelor’s degree level or equivalent.
- You will have exceptional strong verbal and written communication skills and be seen as a logical, confident ‘voice’ to clients and internal stakeholders alike.
- You should have strong attention to detail and exemplary listening skills.
THE POWER OF ONE PURPOSE FUELLED BY A DYNAMIC HEALTH ENGAGEMENT PLATFORM
At Publicis Health, we are united around one purpose: to create a world where people are equipped and motivated to take control of their health. We transform healthcare marketing and communications into healthcare engagement.
We believe healthcare marketing is healthcare, fostering healthy conversations, healthy behaviours and healthy people. Publicis Health is a Dynamic Health Engagement Platform, an organising principle that seamlessly connects data, content and technology; is driven by marketing and business transformation; and offers our clients fluid access to world-class talent and game-changing capabilities.
With 40 offices and 15 brands across the globe, Publicis Health’s worldwide staff is comprised of more than 3,000 healthcare professionals who are experts in advertising and branding, data and analytics, strategic planning, service design, digital media and technology, science, and medicine.
Publicis Health companies include Digitas Health, Discovery USA, Heartbeat, insync, Langland, Payer Sciences, PlowShare Group, Publicis Health France, Publicis Health Media, Publicis LifeBrands, Publicis Resolute, Razorfish Health, Real Science, Saatchi & Saatchi Wellness, and Verilogue. For more information, visit us at www.publicishealth.com.