Strategy Manager - Windsor - contract
- 1 Riverside Dr W, Windsor, ON N9A 5K3, Canada
We are the Human Experience Company. Starcom harnesses the power of media to bridge the tension between what people want and brands need. People are empowered by technology. They use it to reinvent, navigating brand offerings in the way they want. They are carving own desire lines through traditional consumer categories.
The Strategy Manager oversees a team of media professionals in developing ideas and activations that drive meaningful connections between our clients’ brands and consumers.
The Strategy Manager leads the team in pursuing innovative, well-targeted, communication and connection solutions across a variety of media to meet or exceed client objectives & drive business. This includes leading the team in the unearthing of insights to inform the human experience plan and resulting tactical activations. The Strategy Manager ensures flawless execution on all fronts, including working collaboratively with the Investment and Digital teams on client business.
Ensures that client relationships continue to be strengthened by quality of deliverables and client satisfaction with the work:
- Maintains an in-depth knowledge of client business, from current and historical perspectives
- Able to demonstrate to clients how proposed media solutions will show expected return on investment with company
- Actively listens to clients and continually identifies opportunities that have the potential to build clients’ businesses and make the company indispensable to clients, and, at the same time, is able to professionally and persuasively push back and redirect clients (saying "no") when necessary
- Ensures the quality of work for all client deliverables
- Continually looks for opportunities to improve the group / processes / product.
- Recognized as an internal leader among peer group and clients Manages client business and staff in support of overall company objectives
- Ensures current staff is fully utilized and operating effectively / efficiently to meet client needs
- Anticipates client needs in response to changing business / market landscapes and provides proactive information / solutions
- Communicates client objectives to internal stakeholders / staff members and clearly outlines a plan to meet them
- Actively participates in the overall management of the group, offering solutions and supporting management decisions / direction
- Takes a leadership role in the training and development of new staff members
- Holistic Approach
- A holistic approach in planning and executing media, including digital media, is a must
- Maintain overall control of work-flow and assigned subordinate responsibilities within the group
- Oversee the progress of all projects
- Provide assistance, where necessary, to assure timely completion of projects
- Maintain quality control of all group projects
- Ensure that projects are produced completely, correctly and with a maximum of manpower efficiency
- Intercede as much as possible as to encourage individual subordinate initiative and to observe their personal abilities and growth
- Stimulate subordinate productivity and growth by:
- Allocation of assignments which combine to make productive and effective use of each person’s skills, as well as motivating their interests and challenging their minds
- Encouraging thorough evaluation of media proposals and alternative media opportunities
- Supporting direct contact with account groups and clients
- Assists Director in providing formal training of strategy teams and clients on digital landscape, tools and processes
- Prepare and execute all special department assignments requested by management
- Provides direction, management and support to individuals within group
- Works closely with the Group Director to continually assess group members' professional development to determine where group members are along their career path and supports vision and mission of the company.
- Identifies development plans and supports group members’ growth into positions of progressive responsibility with increased levels of contribution
- Proactively communicates performance goals, as well as accomplishments and improvement needs to staff members on a regular basis.
- Prepares thoughtful, thorough, and timely annual (at least) performance appraisals that consistently and fairly indicate staff members’ performance relative to expected performance for each position – and completes documentation according to established timeframes.
- Effectively and professionally handles performance issues as they occur
- Effectively trains and develops media assistants, strategists, supervisors in company practices as well as planning and/or buying strategies and execution. Trains administrative assistants and media coordinators to support group needs
- Ensures productive working relationships among team members and between agency departments, other agencies, clients and media vendors
- Behaviors and deliverables consistently demonstrate thought leadership and innovation.
- Recognized as media (planning and buying) expert with team and with other groups within the company
- Develops process improvements and best practices to ensure consistency, flexibility and efficiency resulting in solutions that meet or exceed clients’ expectations
- Leads by example via work ethic, team building approach, attitude and overall collaboration
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university preferred
- 6+ years of progressive levels of responsibility in media planning, buying and management
- Demonstrated business acumen and a track record of success in the media services profession
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Strong negotiating skills
- Solid interpersonal and teamwork abilities
- Able to build and strengthen client relationships
- Demonstrated leadership and supervision skills
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem solving abilities
- Strong analytical abilities
- Strong command of media research and reporting resources
Salary range: $70,000-90,000 per year
Starcom is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome and encourage applications from all interested parties. Accommodations are available, upon request, for all stages of the interview and employment process for those with a disability or medical need during any stage of the recruitment process. We thank all candidates for their interest in Starcom, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted