Associate Media Director, Integrated Planning (Tier 1)
- 205 Hamilton Row, Birmingham, MI 48009, USA
Starcom USA (http://www.starcomww.com/markets/united-states/) is a world-renowned media communications agency that architects connected human experiences in the one-to-one era of marketing. With more than 1,300 employees in the U.S., Starcom gets the right consumers’ attention and delivers brand-building results in partnership with the world's leading marketers and new establishment brands, including Airbnb, Allstate, Bank of America, Kellogg Company, Kraft Heinz, Lowe’s Home Improvement, Samsung, Visa and more. Starcom USA is part of Publicis Groupe [Euronext Paris: FR0000130577], one of the world’s leading communications groups.
We value you and the work you do. We work hard, but also enjoy scores of perks rooted in our legacy of having one of the strongest agency cultures. Our top-notch health insurance plans and very generous paid time off allow you much-needed time to recharge and achieve the work-life balance you need to bring your absolute best self to work.
The Associate Director oversees the team's strategy and tactical planning initiatives and will focus on servicing a high profile automotive client in the creation, execution and monitoring of integrated media plans to secure the best investment options in a variety of channels (i.e. Digital, National Television, Online Video) to maximize clients’ reach to targeted consumers. The ideal candidate for this position will be a thoughtful decision maker who loves data and has the proven ability to lead strategic planning and buying initiatives including deck writing, budget and channel allocation and audience development.
Must haves include a proven track record and comfort in a client facing role, a minimum of 5 years of comprehensive media experience, with previous experience in digital media planning and a minimum of 2 years of experience managing a team. Other must-haves include the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and agility in an ever-changing media climate. This is an energetic, supportive and collaborative team that manages a partnership-driven, very high-profile client and fosters an environment of respect, learning and development.
- Lead strategic planning and deck writing initiatives
- Client presentations and relationship management
- Develop and implement processes to improve the work required for planning, buying, client billing, and reconciliation.
- Develop processes to ensure data integrity and implement across the agency
- Maintain a strong understanding of the systems used such as Mediaocean–Prisma digital buying tool, Ad Servers/Verification, DSPs, Social Platforms, DMPs, and internal proprietary tools
- Serve as escalation point for teams to help troubleshoot issues
- Provide ideas and solutions for pain points/problems in processes; then work alongside internal and external teams to develop best practices, enhancements, and tools to improve these
- Determine and activate how to deliver necessary data to teams for various reporting purposes
- Ensure proper digital contracts and terms are in place with vendors, evaluate IO notes requested by vendors.
- Share best practices and learn from other teams in Publicis to ensure consistency and best work product across The Groupe
- Build and maintain strong relationships across multiple internal teams and external teams
- Maintain relationships with vendors to ensure trust and confidence with our buying partners
- Manage vendor-side billing and maintain close oversight of open items clearing
- Directly manage a team of 1-2 supervisors and 1-2 associates and indirectly manage others
- Cultivate a team-focused mentality across the larger Investment Operations team and boost morale
- Minimum of 5 years of media industry experience with emphasis in integrated and/r digital media campaigns
- Minimum of 2 years experience leading and mentoring a team
- Bachelor's Degree in Advertisement, Marketing or related field
- Proven knowledge of digital planning and buying process with understanding of various vendors, different cost methods, various reporting, and delivery validation
- Strong quantitative skills, including analytical abilities and math proficiency
- Knowledge of agency billing process (client-side and/or vendor-side)
- Problem-solver, with ability to move quickly between tasks, and think clearly under pressure
- Self-starter with ability to work independently
- Technical proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite with heavy focus on Excel
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.