SEO & Content Manager
- Ann St, Surry Hills NSW 2010, Australia
WHY YOU WANT TO WORK AT SPARK FOUNDRY
Let’s be honest –in this industry, sometimes we complicate things that should be simple. Here is the bottom line: we want YOU to join us if you are truly passionate about guiding marketers on how to best connect their brands with people. It doesn’t get much simpler than that. At Spark Foundry, we have a unique approach and provide the support to help you do this. In fact, our approach is built on creating the space for ideas that lead to smart work, and Spark Foundry is built to celebrate and develop YOUR ideas.
WHO WE ARE
Throughout our rich history, we’ve taken pride in our ongoing legacy of and commitment to constant evolution. It’s in our DNA to evolve. By melding the spirit of a startup and the soul of a powerhouse across our business, we aim to bring modern heat to brands – the kind of heat that arises at the intersection of startup and powerhouse; of data and content; of art and science; of old and new. Energy and innovation fuels our startup spirit, while the unrivalled marketplace clout, exclusive partnerships, and global practice capabilities we have at our disposal as a full-service Publicis Media agency deliver our powerhouse soul for our clients. We hope you’ll take a few moments to learn more about us, and to begin thinking about how we might put “the power of plus” to work for you. To learn more, visit www.sparkfoundryww.com
As our SEO & Content Manager, you will be responsible for helping to improve and grow our current search offering. Be prepared to get your hands dirty carrying out a wide range of SEO, Content and CRO tactics, from technical optimisation, content development and user experience to analysis, monitoring, tracking and reporting on search metrics to determine market trends and customer search behaviour, both pre and post click.
Your day to day role will be managing the performance of your client portfolio and the delivery of work through your team of executives. This will include existing deliverables and ad-hoc to the clients, such as setting up new campaigns, noting reactions to changes in the search landscape and troubleshooting relevant technical problems within the client’s websites.
You will be expected to acquire an in-depth understanding of the client’s industry and target customer that can be fed back to copywriters, journalists, webmasters and our paid search and analytics departments to maximise the client’s campaign results.
You will also have the pleasure of working with some of the greatest minds in online marketing to create and share strategies and tactics on how other marketing activity and usability can work together to deliver an integrated campaign across all forms of online media.
SCOPE OF ROLE
- Research and develop high quality, effective outreach campaigns which will require a creative approach
- Provide consultancy to clients on all aspects of DEX:
- Technical SEO
- Content and Linkbuilding
- Analytics & Implementation
- Produce and implement content strategies
- Reporting on all campaigns, prepare reports showing progress and identify weakness or lost opportunities with insightful recommendations
- Optimising campaigns to ensure maximum effectiveness
- Supporting the agency's planning and strategy team
- Consultancy surrounding user experience, accessibility and information architecture
Part of what makes Spark Foundry successful is the highly motivated people who work here, and their enthusiasm for online marketing. We recruit individuals who possess honesty and integrity, and who display great initiative with a desire to be different by adapting creativity with an analytical approach to problem solving.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
You will possess:
- A thorough understanding of how search engines and websites work
- A keen interest in online and web marketing
- A good understanding of business, to research markets and target audience
- Ability to develop a tailored client strategy based on proven tactics
- Analytical, logical and mathematical skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to prioritise conflicting workloads and consistently hit targets
- A positive attitude in dealing with people
- Proven ability to accommodate evolving responsibilities and last minute changes
- Proven ability to manage a team
- Proven ability to deliver results
- Capability to work hands-on to solve problems, with ability to generate ideas and solutions
- Strong listening skills with the ability to ask good follow up questions
- Demonstrate a proactive work ethic when managing numerous competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
Preferable Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- 3+ year’s previous SEO experience - Ad agency or online marketing background a plus
- A degree (or equivalent qualification) in computing, business, marketing, communications or related subjects
- General grasp of Content management Systems (CMS) and dynamic URLs
- Strong understanding of Google Analytics and Tag Manager
- Demonstratable experience in CRO platforms including Optimizely, AB Tasty and Target.
- Experience with Tableau and Analytics Canvas a plus
Here at Spark Foundry we are proud of our culture and the many fantastic benefits we offer our staff. We have a crack team of the best organisers, party planners and culture vultures who organise awesome Spark Foundry agency events for us all to get together. Whether this be in conjunction with our awesome 12 publishing partners, or just the Spark Foundry team it’s a chance to have fun and discover what’s new in our cities. Events range from Bingo with a twist, trivia, trampolining and more!