SVP, Project Management
- 384 Northyards Blvd NW, Atlanta, GA 30313, USA
Moxie is a modern marketing solutions agency that expertly leverages the value of data, content and technology to help our clients grow. We push the boundaries of what's possible to outperform the competition in the areas of strategy, creative, social marketing, media, analytics and technology development. Founded in 2000, Moxie has 300+ talented employees in Atlanta, Los Angeles, New York and Pittsburgh. Owned by global media giant Zenith — part of the Publicis Groupe — Moxie is able to quickly leverage cross-company areas of enterprise, talent, experience, resources and tools. Moxie's client roster includes Verizon Wireless, Verizon FiOS, Delta, Porsche, Ocean Spray, Wells Fargo, The Coca-Cola Company, and Ainsworth Pet Nutrition.
The SVP, Project Management is responsible for leading the project management team and a large and varied portfolio of accounts. The SVP should be well versed in all project management methodologies, and be able to lead a team of strong project managers to drive excellence in delivery, accountability and action across all business under the portfolio. The SVP should drive process change and improvement, have a deep understanding of scoping and scope development, budget management, fiscal stewardship and team building and leadership. This is a client facing role, interfacing with the senior operations and project team members of our clients.
Internally, this role must be able to collaborate with leadership teams across various disciplines to facilitate seamless operation in the workflow management. Requirements of this position include the ability to handle staffing and project based matters, manage multiple tasks, work with tight deadlines and under pressure. The SVP must form a strong partnership with their peers across the disciplines to collectively take ownership of building Client relationships and drive business goals. Responsible for ensuring the people and processes are in place to manage project scope, deliverables, resources, risk is identified and mitigated, and change impact is addressed at both a project and portfolio level.
- Be a leader of leaders. Manage a team of program directors who are managing project management teams with a wide degree of experience.
- Raise the bar of the project management team and PM deliverables through talent evaluation, training and coaching and mentoring.
- Define, articulate and execute on a cohesive vision for the Project Management team.
- Review, refine and improve systems, tools and processes related to the delivery of great project management.
- Ensure the team continues to deliver on:
- Execute multi-dependency projects and resolve critical project-based situations
- Develop comprehensive work plans, including determining scopes, developing schedules and budgets that accurately reflect scope of work
- Identify business needs for delivery support and appropriately align resources against those needs – educate teams when necessary on roles and responsibilities
- Has the foresight to see beyond explicit assignments and identify broader
- longer term opportunities or ways to improve current client deliverables
- Sets clear expectations with the team for their role in delivering to the project
- Partner with clients, vendors and partner agencies in a positive, professional and constructive way to establish solid relationships
- Has demonstrated ability to lead client discussions on project plans to ensure Client understands tradeoffs and approval process
- Consistently sets clear expectations for tasks and deliverables - can delegate appropriately and successfully
- Communicate scope change, resourcing and financial implications to Senior Management in a clear and timely manner
- Identify gaps in project plans and educate the team on finding closure
- Escalates issues appropriately, proactively and professionally at all times
- Forge strong relationships with internal clients – demonstrate ability to manage at various levels from top-down, bottom-up and across
- Successfully lead large teams to develop risk mitigation plans (when appropriate)
- Demonstrate the ability to negotiate conflict, manage differences of opinion, and communicate with difficult client/team members effectively
- Strong team builder with client and cross-capability teams, clarifying roles and expectations
- Track and maintain budgets of program to ensure agency profitability
- High level of competency around resource management, utilization and reporting
- Has the ability and acumen to challenge time estimates and fundamentally understands level of effort on difficult and intangible tasks
- Communicate to large teams and across inter-departments
- Respond constructively to mistakes and setbacks
- Maintain positive demeanor and “can do” attitude
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10 years of relevant experience within advertising agency environment
- Supervisory experience of at least 5 direct reports, and teams of 15+ people
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including MS Project
- Strong familiarity with workflow management tools such as Jira
- Demonstrates professional presentation, training and Client facing skills
- Excellent communication skills as it relates to work flow steps and internal processes
- Strong organizational, and follow-up skills
- Takes initiative and personal responsibility for work
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to multitask
- Accountability and flexibility with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Exhibits strong listening skills and the ability to tactfully communicate position on relevant issues
- Encourages and rewards examples of teamwork and collaborative work efforts
- Demonstrates ability to define and implement professional standards for team participation, conflict resolution, problem solving, and communication (internal and external)
- Effective negotiation and conflict management/risk mitigation skills
- Confident problem solver – willingness to have difficult conversations with positive outcome
- Strong team builder across Client and agency teams, clarifying roles and expectations
- Serve as a positive influence to across peer groups
- Demonstrates ability to guide continuous improvement in team
- Demonstrated ability to deliver constructive negative feedback and get positive results, including mentoring and facilitating development plans
- Demonstrated ability to craft scopes, deliverables and to be able to show value as it relates to consulting-type engagements
- Management of teams and supervisory experience. PMP certification a plus.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines