- 384 Northyards Blvd NW, Atlanta, GA 30313, USA
Moxie is a modern marketing solutions agency that expertly leverages the value of data, content and technology to help our clients grow. We push the boundaries of what's possible to outperform the competition in the areas of strategy, creative, social marketing, media, analytics and technology development. Founded in 2000, Moxie has 300+ talented employees in Atlanta, Los Angeles, New York and Pittsburgh. Owned by global media giant Zenith — part of the Publicis Groupe — Moxie is able to quickly leverage cross-company areas of enterprise, talent, experience, resources and tools. Moxie's client roster includes Verizon Wireless, Verizon FiOS, Delta, Porsche, Ocean Spray, Wells Fargo, The Coca-Cola Company, and Ainsworth Pet Nutrition.
The Account Director is a leader who owns a large client relationship, or several small pieces of business. Internally, the responsibility to grow the account organically lies in partnership with the VP, Group Account Director, and together they identify opportunities and sell new programs and services. Role includes being the key point of contact and leader of client relationships, and includes intimate understanding of the client’s business, competition, organization, people, and politics. A Director leads, manages and mentors junior team members. This role may also include contributing to net new business opportunities for the agency. This person typically has more than 8 years of professional experience.
- Typically responsible for client revenue in the range of $1-2 million
- Ensure the health of the pieces of business to which he/she is assigned (client satisfaction and profitability to Moxie) in conjunction with the VP, Group Account Director
- Uncover opportunities and grow business through thought leadership, client/category expertise and consistent delivery of good work.
- Manage formal client mapping process to broaden the agency’s purview/stature within the client organization
- Work with strategy and intelligence teams to gather and distill information on the client’s business and industry
- Create presentations to communicate client and/or competitive intelligence - both internally and externally
- Provide POV and leadership from inception to implementation of agency work to ensure it delivers on the objectives and strategy set forth initially
- Serve as ombudsman between agency and client, representing the broad scope of interests on the segments to which he/she is assigned
- Spearhead integration/collaboration efforts with the wide range of partner agencies (including traditional, PR and consumer promotions agencies) to ensure that Moxie is working as a collaborative, proactive agency partner
- Manage development of client presentations for new initiatives with internal cross-functional experts and present in conjunction with VP, Group Account Director and other team leads
- Ensure agency personnel are updated regularly on client’s business
o Support the VP, Group Account Director on the development of presentation materials for bi-annual state of the business summits with full cross-functional team and present key findings related to his / her dedicated segments
- Provide approvals on key initiatives, presentations and work output on his/her dedicated segments
- Collaborate with project management team on statement of work development and upcoming work
- Liaise with project management leads to ensure seamless hand-off of new initiatives when execution phase begins
- Lead the development of Input Briefs for major initiatives
- Develop cross-functional team through performance management and consistent feedback.
- Promote an open working environment where opinions, views and ideas can be shared.
- Contribute to a client black book with updated information- nuances, business challenges, competitive, engines of profitability (CRM tool- Salesforce.com)
- Draft case studies leveraging insights and KPI data from other cross-functional teams (Analytics, Media, Planning)
- Partner with Project Management lead to Review/Draft recaps for client meetings spearheaded by Account Leadership
- Active involvement in Moxie, Publicis Media and externally throughout the industry
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- This person typically has more than 8 years of professional experience.
- 4+ years of experience in management and team development
- Diplomatic in providing strong POV and making difficult decisions
- Able to work with broad spectrum of people - senior to junior level, multiple mindsets
- Experienced in crisis and issue management across multiple client levels
- Skilled in presenting to senior level clients and large room of people
- Can command the attention of a room
- Ability to inspire great work
- Ability to sell a point of view or ideas through storytelling
- Ability to manage multiple client levels and navigate different client agendas
- Mix of agency-side and client-side experience preferred
- Cross-functional experience (media, creative, technology, mobile, social, finance)
- Embody a competitive spirit for both Moxie, our clients, and doing innovative work
- May require overnight travel 10%
Reporting and Succession
- Typically reports to VP, Group Account Director
- Typically manages a team of 2-3 direct reports; 5-10 indirect
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
CLIENT LEADERSHIP VISION
Client Leadership exists to grow, lead and serve equally the business interests of the client and Moxie. This means that, internally, we are the advocates for our clients and what is best for their businesses. Externally, we drive and protect the Moxie business by negotiating rates and SOWs, pitching and defending work, and seeking and selling new opportunities for Moxie.
Client leaders at Moxie are champions of the brands and categories they represent, and are passionate about the work. Successful team members embody a competitive spirit and drive teams to achieve business goals (and by extension, receive recognition). We orchestrate and inspire the broader team to find creative, alternative ways to innovate against the client’s objectives.
We lead by example. We demonstrate confidence and authority yet are accessible, genuine and authentic. Our team must be able to form tight relationships, which means that open communication, good intuition, inherently wise judgment and appropriate tact are essential. Moxie is very much a cross-functional, team-driven environment. To excel here, you must enjoy working with others and be eager for feedback, without personal offence.
Client leaders are skilled in working with a broad spectrum of people — junior- to senior-level, multiple mindsets, varying agendas, etc. — and are diplomatic in providing strong POVs. We are often the ones who must make difficult decisions and have the “tough conversations.” We must navigate client internal politics and manage issues with grace. And we do all this with a positive attitude and a drive for collective success.