- 205 Hamilton Row, Birmingham, MI 48009, USA
Starcom is the Human Experience Company. A world-renowned media communications agency, we believe the alchemy of people and technology creates experiences people love, and actions brands need. With more than 5,000 employees worldwide, Starcom partners with the world's leading marketers and new establishment brands, including Airbnb, Coca-Cola, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles, Kellogg Company, Kraft Heinz, Samsung, Visa and more. Starcom is part of Publicis Media, one of four solution hubs within Publicis Groupe [Euronext Paris FR0000130577, CAC40], and has offices within Publicis One.
We’re looking for a Data Scientist to join the team who is a curious, creative problem solver willing to tackle the familiar and unfamiliar of all things data, including methods, technologies, and applications
You’ll address complex marketing and business challenges—from cross-channel media and customer experience optimization to segmentation, targeting and business strategy—by accessing, integrating, manipulating, mining, and modeling a wide array of data sources.
- Conducting exploratory analysis to identify relevant insights and useful transformations
- Using distributed computing systems to access and manipulate big data sources
- Applying quantitative techniques to uncover latent patterns in the data
- Testing scalable data pipelines or models for real-time applications
- Ensuring that analytic tasks and results meet established objectives and timelines
- Translating marketing and business questions into data queries
- Interpreting data, analytical results and visuals to generate conclusions and recommendations
- Sharing knowledge and conducting research to advance the collective knowledge and skills of our team
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a quantitative field such as statistics, mathematics, econometrics, operations research, data science, computer science, engineering, marketing or social science methods.
- 3+ years of relevant experience and interest in marketing analytic applications
- Experience analyzing data for patterns and insights
- Hands-on experience running statistical or machine learning procedures, such as descriptive statistics, hypothesis testing, econometric modeling, and regression analysis
- Automotive industry experience a plus
- Resourceful, curious, and motivated individual with an ability to work independently as well as in a team setting
- Strong organizational, communication, and time-management skills
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task and manage priorities and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite with strong understanding of Excel and PowerPoint
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.