Freelance Social Media Manager
- Raffles Place, Singapore
Digitas is a highly-caffeinated playground where brilliant minds come together to make bold, award-winning marketing. We use data-driven insights to guide our work, but we also believe in a healthy dose of spirited storytelling as we strive to transform the marketing landscape.
A little bit about us:
We are The Connected Marketing Agency. A strategic partner that guides brands to make meaningful connections with extraordinary outcomes.
Our purpose is to deliver Truth, Connection and Wonder. Truth. Being data-driven, informed by real human behaviour. We create authentic experiences inspired by insights. We believe in transparency in our business practises. Connection. We connect the ecosystem between brands and consumers through all marketing touchpoints…digital, physical, emerging. We connect with partners, sister agencies and clients for unconventional solutions. Wonder. By approaching challenges with excitement, imagination and a sense of what’s possible. Our ideas excite, open eyes, provoke, move people in transformational ways.
We are designed, through approach, workplace, and model to bring together experts in brands, data, technology, media, content, creative and CRM across the world. Our 6,000 diverse talents include technology, data and media experts as well as creative, customer and commercial specialists. Our unicorns are dedicated to helping our clients navigate their own marketing transformation delivering work that resonates with global, diverse audiences.
The way we do this is by connecting datasets that reveal people’s choices, preferences and attitudes through millions of signals in what they do each day. We pride ourselves on having one of the most innovative strategy teams in the business. Our goal to design the right end-to-end customer journey – people are at the centre of everything we do and data is the fuel. Our clients regularly sing our praises, and who can blame them: from several of the world’s largest banks to household names in travel, shopping, food, and leisure, our work is broad and innovative. But we are interested in more than just best-in-class insights; we strive to offer every employee cutting-edge career development with a generous helping of fun.
Are you a digital native? Passionate about all aspects of social from content creation to paid media and social analytics? Are you passionate about working for one of the most exciting and well-loved brands in the world?
We are looking for a FREELANCE Social Media Manager to join us in Singapore as part of a larger regional team, managing multiple brands under a top FMCG company. The selected candidate will have to work out of the appointed local client’s office. The candidate will be specifically looking after the Singapore market, feeding into our regional activity across South East Asia. You must be a fluent English speaker, with an intermediate understanding of consumer behaviour, trends and social activity in Singapore.
The Social Media Manager is required to own implementation and maintenance of online social campaigns, as well as support on the wider strategy of the campaign. You’ll be in contact with fans through clients’ social channels, developing and implementing Social Media strategies, managing community conversations and fostering community spirit.
1/ Account Management
- Serve as liaisons between a company and our clients, ensuring excellent customer service and client satisfaction. Also responsible for managing local market client relationships, having input into overall development of account plans, and coordinating delivery of proposals, reports etc.
- Develop and implement social/digital communication strategies and execution of comprehensive social media marketing plans and programs, both short and long range, to support client objectives including setup and execution within social channels
- Support on developing social campaigns of all scales, from mini on-page competitions to support of on-ground activity
3/ Content Planning, Creation and Monthly Calendars for Singapore
- Master brand local content calendar creation across all campaigns
- Content strategy: Platform / Trend / Market research
- Creative briefing + copy writing + localisation ideation
- Client service: sharing content calendar with local client and getting feedback/approvals
- Project management: campaign + always on social
4/ Platform Management
- Ownership of managing clients social platforms independently
- Implement online community strategy, including managing communities located in relevant social networking sites (not limited to Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram)
- Regularly feedback insights gained from social media monitoring to help evolve social strategy
- Develop understanding of the implication of new social platforms such as SnapChat, Periscope, WeChat, Line, Zalo and KaKao Talk, or any other locally relevant platforms
- Follow social processes and guidelines set out by clients and the internal team
- Ensure all tools are functional and effective in relation to the client’s social and community strategy
- Conduct qualitative competitive analysis on clients and competitors social activity
- Have a broad understanding of reporting metrics to help improve and strengthen Social Media management activity and social content development
- Regularly review client’s competitors and comparators to benchmark social activity and broaden understanding of social landscape
- Regular reporting to deliver insights and actionable recommendations
- Attend industry events when required
- Take clear ownership of tasks assigned with attention to details
- Support regional on campaign development and delivery
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Creating content and supporting in the management and growth of DigitasLBi Singapore’s owned social channels
Through your knowledge, understanding and passion of the social media landscape you will work with the Regional Content Lead and Senior Social Director to support growth and engagement across all social channels and key verticals on behalf of clients.
Your creativity and keenness to progress strategically and analytically, will allow you to learn, develop and execute comprehensive social media marketing campaigns for Singapore and achieve the company’s social mission and KPIs.
Desired Skills and Experience
You would ideally have:
- 5+ years’ experience working on digital/ social media
- Extensive experience on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube (any other local platforms), chat apps
- Strong copy writing skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Account management experience
- Excellent time management skills
- A creative thinker with a strategic approach to content planning
- Social media reporting experience
It would be nice if you had:
- Experience working with social listening tools like (for example) Sysomos, Digimind, Circus Social
- Experience working with social media management tools (for example) Hootsuite, Social Bakers and Sprinklr
- Experience with social media buying (whether implementation and or planning)
- Understand the principles and variety of blogger outreach/influencer programs
- Understand how to plan, implement and report on activity
- Build relationships with the online marketplace with bloggers, influencers and publications