Associate Director, Paid Social
- 205 Hamilton Row, Birmingham, MI 48009, USA
Starcom is the Human Experience Company. A world-renowned media communications agency, we believe the alchemy of people and technology creates experiences people love, and actions brands need. With more than 5,000 employees worldwide, Starcom partners with the world's leading marketers and new establishment brands, including Airbnb, Coca-Cola, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles, Kellogg Company, Kraft Heinz, Samsung, Visa and more. Starcom is part of Publicis Media, one of four solution hubs within Publicis Groupe [Euronext Paris FR0000130577, CAC40], and has offices within Publicis One.
The Associate Media Director of Paid Social Media is highly motivated, technically savvy, detail oriented, and strives to lead the day to day management of the paid social end of the Precision Group for a leading, cutting edge client. This individual will develop/deliver/inspire Starcom's vision while continuing to build the client's brand.
A successful candidate will have at least 5 years of digital media experience and is a data-driven and thoughtful decision maker who strives to foster an environment of welcomed creativity and learning for their team. Furthermore, the Associate Director of Paid Social Media will be a main point of contact for the client and will be extremely comfortable with day-to-day client interaction.
Our social team works across a diverse range of sectors on some of the largest and most dynamic clients within the agency. We are looking for an enthusiastic leader and paid social expert who is keen to submerge themselves into a number of projects.
- Design strategies for leveraging paid media on social networks including but not limited to Facebook & Twitter to deliver against brand objectives
- Develop action plans for achieving and measuring social media success, including setting key metrics, measurement and optimization strategies
- Advocate the value of social media and help educate clients, partners and internal teams on the latest developments and capabilities in this quickly evolving media channel
- Apply social media knowledge and creativity to brainstorming and strategy sessions
- Lead regular check-ins on campaign performance and track against KPIs
- Provide direction as needed for improving campaign performance through optimization and/or implementing new features and strategies
- Create and deliver presentations to both clients and internal teams showcasing campaign strategy and performance results
- Develop points of view on new technologies, trends and opportunities in the social media marketplace
- Foster strong relationships with internal teams and client groups
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in marketing, advertising, business, marketing, or equivalent with 5+ years of experience in digital media and marketing
- Minimum of 3+ years working with Facebook & Twitter ads platforms with hands-on experience managing and optimizing buys through API and/or self-serve tools
- Team management experience required
- Experience in applying social marketing to drive strict KPI’s against brand-building & direct response initiatives
- Possess strong analytical skills and the ability to interpret campaign performance data and provide insights and optimization recommendations
- Understanding of best practices for leveraging social media for brand communication
- Must possess strong leadership skills and be comfortable presenting ideas to senior client management
- Comprehensive knowledge of best practices for managing and optimizing API/self-serve buys on Facebook and Twitter
- Understanding of the Facebook PMD landscape and deep experience with at least one Ads PMD-certified technology
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork abilities
- Collaborative approach/attitude
- Resourceful, curious, and motivated individual with an ability to work independently as well as in a team setting
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite with intermediate to advanced understanding of Excel
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.