- 611 William Penn Pl, Pittsburgh, PA 15219, USA
Moxie is a modern marketing solutions agency that expertly leverages the value of data, content and technology to help our clients grow. We push the boundaries of what's possible to outperform the competition in the areas of strategy, creative, social marketing, media, analytics and technology development. Founded in 2000, Moxie has 300+ talented employees in Atlanta, Los Angeles, New York and Pittsburgh. Owned by global media giant Zenith — part of the Publicis Groupe — Moxie is able to quickly leverage cross-company areas of enterprise, talent, experience, resources and tools. Moxie's client roster includes Verizon Wireless, Verizon FiOS, Delta, Porsche, Ocean Spray, Wells Fargo, The Coca-Cola Company, and Ainsworth Pet Nutrition.
SEEKING: Hybrid-strategist, storyteller and experience orchestrator
We need an analytical thinker who is able to break down complex sets of information, sift through the noise to identify patterns or themes and then map out the best path forward in order to achieve business objectives.
Our Pittsburgh office is seeking a hybrid-strategist to lead strategy for one of our largest clients, J.M. Smucker. With this position at Moxie, you set strategies in motion through an innate understanding of the client’s business. Whether partnering closely with brand planning to develop comms plans, briefing and inspiring creatives, drawing insights from past performance with analytics and identifying niche paid channel opportunities with media, you can easily flex from creative to analytically-minded tasks. You not only enact big picture thinking, but you delve into the details becoming the critical bridge between strategy and execution.
But we are seeking more than an expert strategist. We are looking for someone who is inquisitive, passionate and inventive. Translation: you regularly ask why and dig deeper, you energize and elevate the work and the people around you, and you create new deliverables and new ways of working. Our talented and diverse strategists are looking for a decisive leader, a thoughtful mentor and a bridge-builder to be a part of our team.
Here’s the day to day:
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Lead the delivery of omnichannel plans across several brands within the J.M. Smucker portfolio, including:
- Annual and campaign planning
- Comms and channel plans that feed into integrated experience maps
- Channel strategies and tactics, including social
- Activation plans that translates creative concepts and strategy into execution
- Craft and maintain consistent strategy approach and process across J.M. Smucker portfolio
- Develop strong relationships with J.M. Smucker specialist leads and brand teams that are rooted in partnership, transparency and driving business results
- Build bridges and facilitate cross-office relationships to collaborate with media, analytics, creative, digital and content strategy teams to deliver integrated strategies
- Seek out and surface forward-thinking ideas and opportunities that drive the client’s business forward, ultimately working to find solutions to client challenges
- Dig into and synthesize research foundational insights, while partnering with analytics to uncover new insights that move our clients forward
- Lead and inspire creative conception of breakthrough content ideas through writing briefs and briefing creative, while brainstorming with and working alongside them daily
- Present compelling narratives (both written and oral) to J.M. Smucker clients and new business clients in order to get their buy off
- Lead in the development of thought leadership on behalf of Moxie through knowledge and expertise, both historically, today and what’s on the horizon
Nature and Scope
Reports to Director of Content Strategy
Requires regular overnight travel
Bachelor’s degree in advertising, journalism, PR, marketing, communications, or related
Years of Relevant Experience
4-5 years of experience in social media experience or equivalent
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Competencies
Must be fun and energetic, because the job is
Naturally inquisitive, digging deeper and asking questions that move the business forward
Track record of creating strategies that align with customer journey, customer psychology, and leverage social platforms to the fullest extent
Deep understanding of the digital and social media landscape, how it works, who’s important, and how to leverage it
Collaborative nature, partnering with creative, strategy, analytics media, account teams and even partner agencies
Ability to work with and communicate effectively with team members in different locations
Understanding and past experience using analytical tools used for listening, website, and app statistics (e.g., Google, Adobe, Sysomos, Crimson Hexagon)
Passionate, highly driven and highly motivated
Energetic, engaging and inspirational presentation style, both written and oral
Must have managed a team previously
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.