Associate Design Director
- 611 William Penn Pl, Pittsburgh, PA 15219, USA
Moxie is a modern marketing solutions agency that expertly leverages the value of data, content and technology to help our clients grow. We push the boundaries of what's possible to outperform the competition in the areas of strategy, creative, social marketing, media, analytics and technology development. Founded in 2000, Moxie has nearly 500 talented employees in Atlanta, Los Angeles, New York and Pittsburgh. Owned by global media giant Zenith — part of the Publicis Groupe — Moxie is able to quickly leverage cross-company areas of enterprise, talent, experience, resources and tools. Moxie's client roster includes Verizon Wireless, Verizon FiOS, The Coca-Cola Company, 20th Century Fox, Nike, Ainsworth Pet Nutrition and Cisco Systems
About the job:
We are looking for an energetic, collaborative, young design leader to join our team. The Associate Design Director runs small to mid-sized projects with minimal oversight from the Design Director and is responsible for the quality and creativity of their projects. This individual will also mentor young designers, work directly with clients, and stay on track with budget and timeline. The ideal candidate has strong experience in designing and developing packaging design concepts and also creating/launching new CPG brands in the marketplace. Candidates should have a proven ability and portfolio that demonstrate a conceptual thought process with designs that adhere to brand guidelines and maintain brand voice, while simultaneously pushing the status quo. We are looking for a conceptual thinker that has experience working in a fast-paced, dynamic, growing and energetic environment.
What you'll be responsible for:
- Oversee, design and direct packaging and branding projects mainly for CPG brands.
- Ideal candidate should have a strong knowledge of packaging design, mechanicals, print production and printing techniques.
- Assist Design Director and VP of Design with client presentations, photo shoots, focus groups and press checks.
- Work closely with both print production and account teams to complete all design needs and requests.
- Maintain and evolve graphic and brand standards for our clients and apply to packaging and branding initiatives.
- Follow and maintain brand identity characteristics, typography, photography, color etc., evolving when necessary.
- Communicate timelines, specs and needs effectively to ensure timely delivery of assets.
- Lead by example, setting the benchmark for relationship building and design excellent
- Manage and mentor a team of young designers
- Bring a systemic point of view to problem solving, yet you know how to isolate specific design issues and opportunities.
What you'll love about us:
- We are a team of smart, interesting, diverse, funny, and loving people.
- We offer competitive compensation, health benefits, 401k with match, snacks, parking, lunches and a fun, relaxed office environment.
- We take the responsibility to make sure you are excited, happy, and find fulfillment in your work very seriously.
- We value fun which is why we host team lunches in office, host offsite team outings, and other fun stuff.
- We have a very generous time off policy because we understand the value of relaxation, spending time with friends and family, and seeing the world.
- We have a dog friendly office.
What we'll love about you:
- You're a team player who is willing and happy to help.
- You're positive, generally happy, and a joy to be around.
- You are inquisitive, love to learn, embrace failure, and never give up.
- You thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- You're fun, interesting and weird...in a good way!
- Ability to work independently, balanced with strong collaboration skills.
- Strong understanding of the constraints and capabilities of working with print production specialist, photographers and retouches.
- Minimum of 5-8 years experience in graphic design with a strong packaging design portfolio
- Evidence of pushing impeccable design work to the market
- BA in graphic design, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience working on both client facing and internal projects with strong presentation skills
- Up to date with current design trends across various industries and can tie to various business lines
- Passion for mentorship, and history of, growing various levels of designers
- Ability to provide positive and constructive feedback
- Must be proficient in Adobe Creative Suite
- Able to manage multiple priorities, anticipate demands, communicate status appropriately, and maintain a high level of operational transparency and accountability
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.