Art Director/Senior Art Director
- Collyer Quay, Singapore
Digitas is a highly-caffeinated playground where brilliant minds come together to make bold, award-winning marketing. We use data-driven insights to guide our work, but we also believe in a healthy dose of spirited storytelling as we strive to transform the marketing landscape.
Customer on-boarding, retention, loyalty and advocacy: these are just a few of the ways our team assist clients in engaging their customers and achieving greater results through the smart application of technology and data. Marketing Operations is important in scope and responsibility within Digitas bridging the typical Client Services role with technical delivery and customer lifecycle management.
The Art Director/ Senior Art Director will be responsible for the conception, design, and execution of innovative visual materials for integrated, cross-channel initiatives including: large web initiatives, online advertising and digital marketing. This individual should possess keen conceptual and design skills and assist the Creative Director in improving the technical and creative performance of staff within his group.
You must have strong leadership skills and be able to inspire a team of designers, juggle multiple projects simultaneously, and work closely with clients. You must create a range of concepts and designs for each project. You must be able to partner with copywriters to ensure the copy and voice supports the concept. You must be self-motivated with a positive attitude and have strong communications skills.
- Manages the creative quality of visual and conceptual work across key clients and department.
- Presents work to clients and engages them regularly.
- Improving visual creative quality across the department.
- Develops successful concepts for projects and then executes them in a quality, timely and cost-effective manner.
Business Development / Client Relations
- Support Client Leads and New Business Teams in developing and delivering pitches for incremental business
- Assist in fostering outstanding client relationships through creative and conceptual thought leadership
People Leadership & Development
- Set the standard for all art direction within the department
- Build capability across the Creative team by identifying/ providing for needed training, development, coaching and mentoring
- Work closely with Head of Technology to keep abreast of the latest tech development and provide creative leadership within the Creative team
This role requires extensive art direction experience and formal design training with exceptional conceptual and design skills. Strong typographical, motion graphic and interaction design skills are required as well. An in-depth understanding of Flash, HTML / dHTML and the capabilities of Web browsers is essential. Experience with other interactive media such as WAP, 3G and Bluetooth is useful. Expert use of Photoshop and Illustrator are a must. Stellar visual design and Flash skills are required as well as knowledge of interaction and experience design.
- Extensive experience in a creative agency with global brands of which the majority must be interactive advertising experience and website experience (B2B/B2C)
- Technology industry experience preferred
- Proven ability to work within corporate brand guidelines
- Experience working within APAC teams, on a regional scale
- Confident and articulate delivery in presenting creative concepts and deliverables to senior level clients
- A team player with the ability to mentor talented young designers