- 30 Windmill Street, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Become a Creative at Digitas, a highly caffeinated playground where brilliant minds come together to make bold, award-winning advertising. We use data-driven insights to guide our work, but we also believe in a healthy dose of spirited storytelling as we strive to transform the marketing landscape.
A senior Technical Architect for web-based technologies with industry experience designing and building large scale web sites is needed to join our growing, dynamic technology team in our Sydney office.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the definition, planning, and delivery of technical solutions for our Australian and wider Asia Pacific projects. They will lead the development activities across one or more projects, potentially coordinating multiple onshore and offshore teams, and working with clients to implement solutions in different technologies.
Having defined a solution, a Technical Architect will present and defend the solution in front of clients, create a project plan for the solution with a project manager, and complete the technical architecture deliverables. This involves recommending, designing, and developing enterprise scale web solutions covering web content management, e-commerce, mobile, social, search, and associated integration technologies. Experience with Salesforce and Adobe marketing platforms is a distinct advantage.
- Leads the definition phase of a technical project, managing multiple workstreams and colleagues with differing levels of experience
- Recommends and presents appropriate technology solutions in front of clients and defines the technology strategy and roadmap for them
- Owns the technical sections of sales proposals, creates innovative solutions within budgetary constraints and works with client partners and client directors to sell technical vision
- Recommends solutions that reuse architectural blueprints, productised knowledge and internally developed methodologies/processes
- Presents the business benefits of technical solutions and participates actively in brainstorming sessions with representatives from the other delivery disciplines
- Completes accurate and thorough high-level technical designs and facilitates effective handover to the development team prior to the implementation phase of a project
- Define areas of technical strategy for the Sydney office by understanding market trends and translating them into viable service offerings for the Australian market
- Be regarded as a technology “thought leader” in the Sydney office and acknowledged as such by the Leadership Team
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science
- Has worked in software engineering/consultancy for at least 6 years
- Can work with project management teams to identify the appropriate delivery approach and resourcing mix for a project
- Detailed knowledge of web-based technologies including one or more of the following:
- Web Content Management: Adobe AEM, Sitecore, Drupal
- E-Commerce: hybris, Magento, Salesforce Commerce Cloud / Demandware
- Social APIs: Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Instagram
- Integration: SOA, Web Services, JSON/XML
- Mobile: iOS / Swift, Android / Kotlin, React Native, Xamarin, responsive design
- Analytics: Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics
- Actively shares industry trends and vendor information with colleagues through informal communication and formal presentations and training sessions
- Can develop accurate and detailed project plans and manage successful technical projects to the plan
- Has experience designing and developing solutions involving a high degree of technical complexity