Senior QA Engineer
- 30 Windmill Street, Sydney, NSW, Australia
We are looking for a Senior QA Engineer!
Digitas is a highly caffeinated playground where brilliant minds come together to bring bold, award-winning ideas to life.
Our amazing Technology capability delivers cutting-edge, high-impact digital products and campaigns. We have strategic partnerships with the world’s leading marketing and technology vendors that allow us to leverage the top platforms and tools for our clients. Through collaborating with Strategy, Experience Design, Data Science, Project Management, and Account teams, our technologists are paving the way for innovation and transforming the marketing landscape.
To help with this, we’re looking for a talented Senior QA Engineer, Technology—someone who can leverage strong technical skills and perform a range of tasks, from improving the QA process and integrating automation solutions to taking part in brainstorming sessions to manage client expectations. We’re searching a creative, collaborative, passionate, and dedicated thinker who develops best-in-class QA technology solutions. The right candidate is a lifelong learner and innovator with solid experience in automation.
Sound like you? Read on.
What you’ll do:
From test planning and execution to technical risk management and process improvement, the QA practice supports complex digital projects that are defined, designed, and developed by Digitas and other Publicis agencies. As client digital asks are increasing in scope and complexity, effective QA skills are fundamental to our success. As Senior QA Engineer, Technology , you will drive QA automation activities on a range of digital initiatives within our client portfolio. You will ensure outstanding quality in our highly dynamic, data-driven applications and platforms as well as help launch those systems.
As Senior Software Engineer, you’ll work closely with cross-disciplinary teams to create first-rate web experiences and ensure top-notch, end-to-end solutions.
Day to day your role includes:
- Developing, executing, and maintaining a world-class test automation framework using Java, Selenium WebDriver, and other open-source tools
- Automating content management and functional test cases, continuously increasing test automation coverage
- Ensuring that automation deliverables meet functional requirements and design specifications
- Implementing and maintaining effective automation processes, including continuous integration
- Working as a key automation team partner within a broad range of technical disciplines
- Partnering with cross-organizational project teams in a fast-paced, creative, and collaborative environment to develop automation solutions for a myriad of projects
- Mentoring offshore teams to ensure continuity
- Researching new tools, emerging technologies, and techniques and actively contributing to the team knowledge base
- Enabling ongoing process innovations for team deliverables
- Effectively communicating with cross-organizational teams (both technical and nontechnical) as the automation team liaison
- Managing stakeholders’ expectations and delivering automation projects on time and within scope
- Remaining focused and flexible in a dynamic environment
We’re looking for strong, impactful work experience, which typically includes:
A bachelor’s degree (computer science or equivalent preferred)
At least five years of experience in developing effective automation solutions with opensource automation testing frameworks and tools
In-depth knowledge of QA strategies and methodologies
Hands-on experience with various QA tools and testing methods
Developing data- and keyword-driven test automation frameworks
Leading complex automation functional projects and mentoring junior team members
Experience with functional, creative, responsive web design, accessibility, automation, security, performance, load, API, database, and other types of testing
Experience in defect life cycle management, including collecting metrics statistics and reporting
Command of web and mobile technologies
Excellent communication skills—you’re poised and precise
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills—you’re insatiably curious and dig deep to find the answers
Learning agility—you’re a quick study who picks up new platforms and technologies quickly
Got what it takes? We’d love to hear from you.
Digitas is The Connected Marketing Agency, committed to helping brands better connect with people through Truth. Connection. Wonder. With diverse expertise in data, strategy, creative, media, and tech, we work across capabilities and continents to make better connections and achieve ambitious outcomes through ideas that excite, provoke, and inspire. Curious and fully transparent, we are always examining real human behavior to create authentic connections—between brands and consumers, clients and partners, and ideas and outcomes. Digitas has 3,500 employees across 21 countries and 34 offices, with an extended network via Publicis Media of over 23,500 employees present in more than 100 countries worldwide. To connect with Digitas or learn more, visit www.digitas.com.