Vice President/Director, Sales
- 40 Water St, Boston, MA 02109, USA
Digitas is The Connected Marketing Agency, committed to helping brands better connect with people through Truth. Connection. Wonder. With diverse expertise in data, strategy, creative, media, and tech, we work across capabilities and continents to make better connections and achieve ambitious outcomes through ideas that excite, provoke and inspire. Curious and fully transparent, we are always examining real human behavior to create authentic connections—between brands and consumers, clients and partners, and ideas and outcomes. Digitas has 3,300 employees across 12 countries and 24 offices, with an extended network via Publicis Media of over 23,500 employees present in more than 100 countries worldwide. To connect with Digitas or learn more, visit www.digitas.com.
Vice President/ Director - Sales
Digitas is a highly-caffeinated playground where brilliant minds come together to make bold, award-winning advertising. We are always looking to grow and better our business – and the Account Management team is the catalyst for that growth. Our focus is on building the client’s business, the account relationship and the expertise of our team. That means spotting game-changing ideas to grow our client’s business and solve challenges. Selling ideas fearlessly and confidently while keeping things simple, organized and clear – even in the most complex situations – so that we can make great work.
We’re searching for a Vice President/Director - Sales
What you’ll do:
We’re seeking an experienced, motivated & professional Sales Director with a hunter mindset responsible for generating new business by opening doors for our subject matter experts with Fortune 1000 businesses nationally but with a Northeast and Midwest focus. This individual must have previous sales experience in marketing or advertising services, possess strong persuasive & organizational skills, passion, exceptional written and oral communication & presentation skills, be detail-oriented, motivated in exceeding sales goals, and have a strong desire to succeed. The position will be based in our Boston office with travel to our Detroit office as well as to remote clients and events as necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the role.
Day-to-day, your role includes:
- Find, Qualify, & Sell. Drive new business through prospecting, hunting and selling our digital marketing services to Fortune 1000 businesses.
- Attend critical networking events to represent Digitas and our related services.
- Develop comprehensive knowledge of agency services, pricing, proposal & Statement of Work development.
- Identify client decision makers and provide meeting opportunities for agency key leaders.
- Execute sales tactics with prospects through entire sales cycle with handoff to agency Client Leadership mangers.
- Use Salesforce and related agency tools to track client and prospect activity.
- Work closely with agency Managing Director and Executive Leadership Team.
- Establish and work against specified meeting and revenue goals.
We’re looking for strong, impactful work experience, which typically includes:
- A persuasive, competitive, successful sales hunter and closer.
- Minimum of 5+ years of demonstrated success in an inside or outside sales goal/quota carrying capacity in the digital advertising, media, marketing services or web/mobile tech development.
- Must have strong knowledge and experience selling Marketing and Advertising agency services.
- Excellent written and oral communication & presentation skills essential; the ability to build relationships within a company and the ability to set a sales strategy to develop new business relationships.
- Aptitude in building a sales pipeline.
- High level of enthusiasm, passion, natural competitiveness and strong desire to succeed.
- Extraordinary persuasion skills and ability to handle objections skillfully.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- Excellent perception & problem-solving skills; Ability to quickly recognize opportunities.
- Ability to work independently while communicating to agency leadership teams in real-time.
- Proficiency in sales and CRM systems, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint is required.
- Willingness to learn new agency services and prospect targets.
- Must have an extraordinary work ethic, passion for digital marketing and technology services and related solutions,
- Strong motivation toward agency top-line growth.
- Desire to provide feedback on new service ideas and enhancements.
- BA or BS degree required.
- Ability to travel as needed
Got what it takes? We’d love to hear from you.
Digitas is an equal opportunity employer
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.