Group Media Director
- 375 Hudson St, New York, NY 10014, USA
Are you ready to re-invent digital marketing? At Performics, we’re accelerating the great missions of our clients—brands like Allstate, Toyota, Verizon, American Express and Kohl’s—in the ever-evolving world of search engine marketing, display media, social media and affiliate marketing.
If you’re ready to move at the speed of Google, Facebook, and Twitter, have an entrepreneurial spirit, and get excited about finding smarter ways to do things, we’d love to meet you. We’ll give you the tools, support, and freedom to lead, innovate and grow. In fact, Advertising Age, Crain's and Tribune have named Performics a "Best Place to Work," and Forrester Research dubbed us one of 2012's "Top Digital Agencies." We hire exceptional people for our global headquarters in Chicago and U.S. locations in Atlanta, Los Angeles, New York, Seattle, and San Francisco. Our international presence spans 31 markets (and growing) including regional hubs in London and Singapore.
The Group Media Director (GMD) is responsible for leading the Execution teams of a large enterprise client’s performance marketing accounts towards stated client and company objectives. The GMD is responsible for overseeing the cross channel service delivery for the clients, including paid search, display, social, mobile, video and affiliate.
The GMD will manage and direct Performance Media teams, including Media Directors, Media Managers, and Associate Media Managers. The GMD is accountable for the implementation of cross media execution and ensure seamless delivery of best practice and processes. Proven account management and team leadership experience is essential, along with experience in online marketing and digital media.
• Develops, manages, and monitors client service delivery executions of the assigned accounts
• Oversees process development and execution management
• Assures quality control of all media planning and implementation
• Enforces Best Practices
• Prepares and presents annual financial plans and human resources plans
• Implements Participation Planning Process for the assigned accounts and holistic media planning across all digital disciplines paid search, display, social, mobile, video and affiliate
• Coordinates efforts across different digital media channels to drive optimized recommendations
• Continuously evaluate and improve upon all digital media opportunities
• Attend to client meetings as needed, interface as needed with executive level and middle management level on client side during meetings and presentations
• Participates in building and evolving the PM practice, vision and areas of expertise
Team Leadership & Development
• Embraces and encourages a culture based on team work, collaboration, and intellectual curiosity
• Motivates, leads, and manages internal teams, working collaboratively to drive programs that meet our clients’ performance and business objectives
• Drives adoption of stated account management best practices through example setting, positive reinforcement and behavioral correction
• Assists in interviewing, hiring, training, mentoring, developing, and evaluating team members
• Conducts performance reviews and career path plans for direct reports
• Provide training in cross media planning to their directs reports and bellow teams
• Facilitates the development and documentation of best practices for improving operational efficiencies within the team and the group
• Understands and explains the features and benefits of all Performics products and services
• Support Client Solution with cross sells of products and services to grow Performics’ share of marketing spend
• Exceeds semi-annual and annual revenue targets
Supports business development sales in selling solutions as appropriate
• Bachelor’s degree, concentration in business, marketing, or advertising preferred
• 8-10+ years of account management experience in online advertising, direct marketing, or e-commerce; client and agency experience preferred
• 5-7 years of demonstrated success in managing and leading people
• 5-7 years of digital marketing preferred with desirable focus on search engines, display and/or social media
• Experience in managing an organization
• Demonstrated understanding of online marketing principles
• High competency level in MS Office with specific strengths in Excel and PowerPoint
• Able to work independently and balance multiple tasks
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.