Planning Account Director
- Wood Ln, Shepherd's Bush, London W12, UK
What does it mean to be an Open Source Media Agency? It means welcoming input from beyond our own walls, creating a true network of talent, weaving together data and ideas and breaking down unhelpful silos. It means having a willingness to experiment in order to learn. It means caring about the audience’s reaction to brands. We will draw on the right talent at the right time, keeping core teams lean. If one word sums it up, that word is ‘collaboration’ – inventive, collective progress towards real business goals. Because none of us is as good as all of us. The aim of all of this, of course, is to produce exciting and effective work. Our belief is that, in an era of radical digital disruption that is ripe with possibility, such work will come from agencies that are flexible, people-oriented and collaborative.
· Managing the creation, direction and on-going development of ASDA’s media strategy.
· Injecting innovation into media solutions, working closely with major media owners to explore industry first opportunities
· Ultimate quality control of all plan execution.
· Management and development of your team.
· Building and maintaining strong senior relationships internally, with clients and your counterparts at other agencies.
· Co-management of all personnel issues within employee remit (appraisals, holidays, recruitment, etc)
· Close liaison with company management on communicating key corporate decisions to employees within responsibility remit
· Being a valued new business contributor – strategy, ideas, and overseeing plan development
Knowledge, skills and attitude required:
· Strong communication planning skills.
· An excellent all round knowledge of all media.
· High degree of financial acumen and a mature polished outlook on wider business topics.
· The capability and desire to build relationships with partners and creative agencies.
· The aptitude to develop teamwork and the training and development of individuals under your auspices. The team needs someone with strong leadership and mentoring skills.
· Be an ideas person, excited to brainstorm new approaches and solutions for clients.
· A strong collaborator who is skilled at bringing together teams to ensure smart strategic thinking and excellent channel planning.
· Good industry contacts and involvement in company issues affecting the development of a corporate culture.
· The capacity to promote Blue 449 to key opinion formers including new business prospects.
· Excellent presentation skills.
· Strong existing media planning experience at a media agency
· Experience managing demanding clients across all channels, on a large account
· Experience of working on a retail client preferred
· Capable of clear strategic thinking for clients
· An “always-on” approach to client management
· A strong communicator
· Outstanding organisational skills
· A strong desire to progress quickly within a fast-growth environment
· 25 days holiday
· Company pension scheme
· Mobile phone
· Dental insurance available at corporate rates
· Life assurance (4 x salary)
· Season ticket loan
· Cycle to work scheme
· Subsidised gym membership
· Free eye tests
· Childcare vouchers
· Daily free breakfast
· Free drinks and snacks available every Friday afternoon via the new starter trolley
· All company ‘Skint Nights’ every month before pay day
· Flexi-working after 6 months service