Manager, Analytics & Insights
- 375 Hudson St, New York, NY 10014, USA
Spark Foundry is a global media agency that exists to bring HEAT – Higher Engagement, Affinity, and Transactions – to brands. By combining flawless media fundamentals with aggressive innovation, Spark inspires consumers to pay more attention; to care more about our clients’ brands; and to buy more products and services from them.
Balancing the nimble spirit of a startup with the powerhouse soul of Publicis Media, Spark Foundry delivers the best of both worlds to a client roster that spans some of the world’s best and most beloved brands and companies. We combine boutique-caliber insights and service with the buying clout and first-look access of a global leader, bringing the heat to challenger brands that want to act like giants, and to giant brands that want to act like challengers.
With a Millennial-friendly, bottom-up culture that celebrates diversity and aims for all voices to be heard, Spark has become a magnet for the industry’s best talent, with one of the best retention rates in the industry. And by applying a whole-person approach to professional and personal development, Spark develops a workforce that is well prepared for today’s challenges, and also poised to create meaningful careers in the years to come.
Because we know that heat arises the intersection of complementary forces, our professionals come from myriad disciplines and backgrounds: data, analytics, and insights; content and creative production; communications and strategy; finance and marketing; and sociology, psychology, and other liberal arts disciplines.
The Analytics Manager is a key driver of insight and strategic thinking. The primary responsibility of the Manager is to provide analytics-based strategic insights and directions to aid in the development of media & communications initiatives.
This position requires both strategic and tactical skill sets with an eye for numbers, intellectual curiosity, proficiency at problem solving, and a critical understanding of offline & online media. The candidate must have a proven track record in data-rich analyses, and be a team player. A “roll up the sleeves” approach is mandatory and a “get it done” attitude is a must. Specific responsibilities include coordination between the research, analytics & media teams ensuring high quality analytical projects are effectively delivered.
Successful candidates will be multi-dimensional ‘rising-stars’ who are able to employ complex problem solving skills, and are able to communicate these succinctly to a broad client and media stakeholder audience.
• Work with Associate Director to design and execute analytical plans to improve the effectiveness of communications programs.
• As required/appropriate, perform hands-on analysis in support of results, including development of conclusions and implications.
• Work with Analyst to perform ongoing analysis to ensure the timely adjustment/optimization of campaigns.
• Develop and maintain SQL-based reporting system.
• Emphasis on understanding dashboards and applying MMM findings, statistical testing to media planning.
• Partner with external analytical stakeholders on a daily basis to plan, execute and analyze projects.
• Supervise and mentor Analysts.
• Support agency new business process, as directed.
• 3-5 years of experience in performing analytics in marketing sciences capacity at a media agency, market research, consulting or pharmaceutical firm.
• Quantitative educational background (preferred advanced degree in Statistics, Social Sciences, Economics, Quantitative Marketing).
• Ability to leverage data to make strategic business decisions, understanding and/or experience with digital media, strong Excel skills
• Proficiency at problem solving, must be able to be a trusted advisor, who can consult not just measure for a client
• Critical understanding of online media, exposure to Off-Line Media, as well as technology a plus
• Strong analytical skills: able to analyze raw data, draw conclusions, and develop actionable recommendations; experience in the analysis of large data sets to find useful relationships.
• Strong presentation skills.
• Proven ability to communicate complex, technical concepts to broad based stakeholder audience.
• Working knowledge of databases and SQL a must
• Knowledge of web measurement technologies:
o Ad serving platforms (e.g. DART)
o Website analytics software (e.g. Adobe SiteCatalyst, Google Analytics)
o Data visualization skills desirable (e.g. Tableau, Omniscope)
• Experience in a cross-functional team environment. Agency experience a big plus.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.