Senior Data Engineer
- 375 Hudson St, New York, NY 10014, USA
(m)PHASIZE is a leader in the fast growing field of cross media analytics. Our focus is understanding how all consumer touch points (online and offline) impact both consumer behavior and sales through advanced statistical and/or machine learning algorithms. Our job is to develop truly innovative, highly effective, data-powered solutions that satisfy our clients’ marketing analytical needs.
To help with this, we are looking for an outstanding Senior Data Engineer – an experienced problem solver and passionate evangelist of all things data, including the latest and greatest in technologies, processes, and applications. Sound like you? Read on.
What you’ll do:
Our Data Engineers cooperate with our data science team to deliver analytic solutions across a wide variety of client applications. We process, integrate and manipulate big data with distributed systems and customer data pipelines.
As a Senior Data Engineer, you are our expert for all things data. You’ll participate in developing and implementing the data portion of (m)PHASIZE’s newest marketing analytics practice and solution.
Day-to-day, your role includes:
- Owning/developing/implementing the data portion of our new product/practice
- Data QA’ing, querying, transforming, cleansing and linking
- Creating and maintaining automated ETL processes for data to be ready for modeling
- Keeping up on the latest AWS/GCP tools that would be appropriate for new or existing projects
- Working with vendor development teams to guide integrations and resolve technical issues
- Becoming and staying an expert in current and emerging big data techniques and tools
- Providing thought leadership and innovation in process, technique, and implementation.
We are looking for 5+ years professional experience in a data engineering role, which specifically includes:
- Advanced SQL and strong knowledge of relational databases a must
- Proficiency in the field of BI, data visualization and report building is essential
- Expertise in building APIs to create server to server connection is a huge plus
- Experience with cloud data services such as Amazon Web Services/Google Cloud a big plus
- Advanced degree in relevant field of study strongly desirable, particularly in computer science or database administration programs
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment and juggle multiple assignments and changing priorities
- Advertising / marketing agency experience (esp. in digital media) strongly preferred
- Ability to work among multiple teams and communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
Got what it takes? We’d love to hear from you.
(m)PHASIZE is an equal opportunity employer.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.