VP, Head of Online Marketplaces - Americas
- 375 Hudson St, New York, NY 10014, USA
Publicis Media is one of the four solutions hubs of Publicis Groupe ([Euronext Paris FR0000130577, CAC 40], alongside Publicis Communications, Publicis.Sapient and Publicis Healthcare. Led by Steve King, CEO, Publicis Media is comprised of Starcom, Zenith, Digitas, Spark Foundry, Blue 449 and Performics, powered by digital-first, data-driven global practices that together deliver client value and business transformation. Publicis Media is committed to helping its clients navigate the modern media landscape and is present in more than 100 countries with over 23,500 employees worldwide.
This is a critical senior hire within the US Commerce Practice to align and develop our capabilities across the Publicis Groupe around online marketplace management and optimization. This person needs to be a strong and charismatic leader who can operate comfortably in a matrixed organization, driving the development of this proposition across a virtual team spanning different agencies and markets.
They should have a detailed understanding of the online retail market especially Marketplace Business Models, with particularly focus on Amazon. We’re looking for somebody with broader experience than just optimizing Amazon Advertising propositions, they should have experience of vendor management, negotiating commercial terms and joint business planning.
They should also have a strong data and partnership background to understand both the opportunities and limitations of working with online retailers. Their commerce experience should not be limited to online marketplaces, ideally this it would also cover omnichannel retailers or conventional shopper marketing. It is critical that this person can place marketplace activity in a broader context and talk credibly and influence clients at the most senior level.
The person that fills this role needs to be positive, energetic and a shining example of the kind of exceptional talent we need to fill the team with. This role does not currently have any direct reports but likely will as the team grows.
- Responsible for leading and taking complete ownership of the Online Marketplace Workstream.
- Consult for existing clients across a variety of industry verticals and US markets.
- Consult across marketplace optimization, vendor management and joint business planning.
- Align search, display and content capability within the Groupe around marketplace management.
- Accountable for driving a revenue target across local market agency teams.
- Support the US region
- Short term attachment to client business on a project basis as required.
- Support in New Business pitches across the Publicis Groupe as required.
- Author white papers and be seen as a credible external spokesman.
- Participate in key panel and roundtable discussions on the topic.
- Support internal capability development around marketplace management and optimization.
- Develop and manage key Publicis Media partnerships that pertain to Online Marketplace Management
- Familiar with partner tools and technologies (EDGE, BazaarVoice, Profitero, Wed Collage, Brand Bank etc)
- Constantly on the lookout for new and innovative partnerships and tools to further our proposition.
- 7+ years’ experience of managing commerce activity, in a brand, retailer or agency
- 5+ years of working directly with online marketplaces (preferably Amazon) across a number of brands, including FMCG. - 10+ years of people management and or agency / vendor management
- Extensive ecommerce experience including significant digital shelf management (again ideally within FMCG)
- Proven experience of delivering successful projects in complex matrixed organizations
- Experience of managing Direct to Consumer (DTC) activity would be a bonus.
- Self-starter who is comfortable with ambiguity and does not need their hand held.
- Commercial driven marketer who is highly numerate and not afraid to question.
- Relationship builder who is able to gain trust, support and respect from others.
- Exceptional operator who is able to get stuff done and manage multiple stakeholders.
- Strong communicator who is able to easily explain potentially complex topics.
- Strategic thinker who is curious and confident to join in and at times lead the discussion.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.