Senior Manager, Data Engineering
- 350 Bush St, San Francisco, CA 94104, USA
Part of Publicis Groupe (Euronext Paris Exchange: FR0000130577; CAC 40 index), Publicis Spine was established in 2017 to serve the data and analytics and technology needs of Publicis Groupe agencies and their clients. Its mission is to grow clients’ businesses through transformative data applications and is the home to Publicis Groupe’s proprietary technology platform, Publicis COSMOS. It includes a consistent, transparent, best-in-class approach to data, analytics solutions, partnerships and technology via a closely joined network of engineers, technology experts, product designers, analysts and data scientists all empowering marketing and digital business transformation.
Publicis COSMOS is a new class of Cognitive Marketing Intelligence for Big Data powered by A.I. and ML algorithms. It learns from your online and offline data, structured and unstructured information as consumers interact with the brand across omnichannel. At the same time, it reasons, anticipates, and activates the customer journey, real-time interests, cross-device habits, emotions, and prescribes timely, relevant brand experiences across all marketing channels.
The COSMOS team is looking for a talented leader and team player in a COSMOS Platform Data Engineering Senior Manager. You are a manager, expert, mentor and advocate. You have strong algorithmic and Machine Learning background and are passionate about transforming data into action. You welcome the challenge of big data and are proficient in Hive, Hadoop, Spark, Scala/Java, R/Python, Graph Databases, deterministic and probabilistic modeling. You must be self-driven, take initiative and want to work in a dynamic and innovative group. The COSMOS Platform is the attention center for strategic clients and partners. This is a role that requires hands-on design and development.
You’ll work with a distributed COMSOS team (onshore and offshore) and work closely with a broadly talented team of delivery management, business analysts, visual designers, analytics, developers, and QA. You are comfortable presenting to CXO level stakeholders, and will be proactive and a problem solver.
You will be responsible for, but not limited to:
You’ll work closely with COSMOS developers, data scientists and the COSMOS Platform Team to extend and enhance the COSMOS Platform cognitive data experiences, Data Intelligence-as-a-Service, Data Integration APIs, Data Pipeline, Customer 360 Graph solution, and future Platform functionality.
- Experience working with and managing teams to build large scale complex Marketing and Data platform implementation
- Design and implementation of data product on Hadoop using Titan, Tinker-pop, HBase, Gremlin and Java
- Experience working with big data platforms including Hadoop/ HDInsight/BigQuery
- Design and Implementation of bigdata platforms using Spark, Map-Reduce, Hive, HDFS, Spring, Hibernate and Java
- Expertise in predictive analytics/statistical modeling/data mining/machine learning algorithms and techniques (clustering, regression, multivariate testing, classification)
- Proven capability to deliver end-to-end analyses by asking the right questions, extracting data, and building predictive models to ensure actionable results.
- Strong passion for understanding key business problems, bringing together the team to understand data/ instrumentation needs and/or mine through data to unearth deep insights into customer experiences
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate ideas, insights and complicated analysis effectively at all organizational levels, include engineering leadership
- Experience with NOSQL database Neo4J, MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase and Orient DB
- Proven track record of problem solving and using experiment driven approaches
- Expertise with statistical software packages like R, MatLab, NumPy, SciPy, or SAS
- Experience with CPE initiatives for large scale services is desire
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.