Director, Content Strategy and Partnerships
- 35 W Wacker Dr, Chicago, IL 60601, USA
Starcom USA (http://www.starcomww.com/markets/united-states/) is a world-renowned media communications agency that architects connected human experiences in the one-to-one era of marketing. With more than 1,300 employees in the U.S., Starcom gets the right consumers’ attention and delivers brand-building results in partnership with the world's leading marketers and new establishment brands, including Airbnb, Allstate, Bank of America, Kellogg Company, Kraft Heinz, Lowe’s Home Improvement, Samsung, Visa and more. Starcom USA is part of Publicis Groupe [Euronext Paris: FR0000130577], one of the world’s leading communications groups.
We value you and the work you do. We work hard, but also enjoy scores of perks rooted in our legacy of having one of the strongest agency cultures. Our top-notch health insurance plans and very generous paid time off allow you much-needed time to recharge and achieve the work-life balance you need to bring your absolute best self to work.
As the Director of Content you will create synergy amongst internal teams, external partners, and client stakeholders to carryout best-in-class campaigns for a high-profile CPG account that holds several classic brands. Furthermore, the Director of content will utilize their knowledge of content, content strategy, and the advertisement/vendor landscape to build and strengthen top tier content partnerships and leverage the best investment options possible.
Must haves include at least 7 years of relevant experience and a proven track record of building and maintaining strong relationships amongst internal and external partners. The ideal candidate will have in-depth experience within digital media and will be able to bring a strong, creative point-of-view to the table as it relates to creating campaigns that resonate with target audience.
This is part of a creative, collaborative team that encourages out-of-the-box thinking, innovation and excellence.
•Partners with creatives during Idea generation to identify potential for content in today’s landscape through the lens of our consumer
•Works with Experience Planners to extend creative ideas through additional content leveraging JBP and preferred partnerships
•Primary objective is to establish content best practice in service of increasing advertising effectiveness
•Working with the Experience Planner and Brand Strategist, identify the role of content at a platform, target or partner level within th Experience Plan
•Working directly with the lead creatives, ensuring the execution will drive effectiveness based on consumer behavior and best practice within the channel (aka the creative translator)
•In partnership with Investment team, recommend how much content an experience plan can support given budget and reach sufficiency goals
•In partnership with Production, recommend what needs to be captured on the shoot, where to source it from, and ensure each execution is fit for purpose
•Work with Influencers or Media Publishers to produce branded content
•Actively participate in priority brands* KUBE meetings, action the learnings and insight by working directly with the creative teams to implement content changes
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, communications, applied mathematics, consumer insights or related field preferred
- 7+ years of directly related experience
- Previous experience with digital media and content strategy
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills with the ability to detect and translate a story behind numbers/data
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; demonstrated ability to translate and present complicated ideas in a simple, and easy to understand yet inspirational /creative style
- Willingness to learn and create solutions that challenge the status quo
- Exceptional critical thinking and problem solving abilities with the ability to think unconventionally in proposing solutions
- Negotiation and influence skills – steeped in required industry, brand, and competitive knowledge
- A proven ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects effectively and work well under pressure to deliver high quality work within tight deadlines
- Strong process development skills
- Proven experience in effectively coaching and developing others
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.