VP, Regional Strategy Director - Commerce
- 35 W Wacker Dr, Chicago, IL 60601, USA
Publicis Media is one of the four solutions hubs of Publicis Groupe ([Euronext Paris FR0000130577, CAC 40], alongside Publicis Communications, Publicis.Sapient and Publicis Healthcare. Led by Steve King, CEO, Publicis Media is comprised of Starcom, Zenith, Digitas, Spark Foundry, Blue 449 and Performics, powered by digital-first, data-driven global practices that together deliver client value and business transformation. Publicis Media is committed to helping its clients navigate the modern media landscape and is present in more than 100 countries with over 23,500 employees worldwide.
Our Commerce Practice is a comprehensive capability managing the intersection of media and marketplaces. It helps clients understand the shopper needs and journey to identify and drive areas of growth, as well as link media to commerce for investment recommendations and management between brands’ direct-to-consumer sites and e-retailers. Publicis Media Commerce sits within Publicis Groupe’s end-to-end Commerce solution, bringing together technology infrastructure, media, and creative into a single offering.
Trust is the cornerstone upon which we build our relationships. We hold ourselves to the highest standards of how a partner should behave.
We treat our people and our clients with respect, transparency and honesty.
This is first and foremost a people business. We are committed to ensuring Publicis Media a destination for the best talent in our industry. We value people as individuals, growing ourselves as we grow our client’s business.
True transformation comes when we stop managing change, and instead initiate change. We believe in our purpose to be the admired force for business transformation. We believe that focusing on performance and results has the power to transform client business.
This role is responsible for building the eCommerce, client-facing strategies and consulting capability within Publicis Media’s Commerce practice. The work will also focus on implementing these strategies into the local markets whether directly or through building an indirect, regional team. This is an unparalleled opportunity to build a Commerce capability from the ground up at one of the world’s largest agency groups.
Initially the role will focus on unlocking commerce opportunities against a defined set of priorities, both geographically and by client. You will then help build a team (indirect within agency brands) of eCommerce strategists, consultants, and analysts, focusing on the fusion of media & commerce to create and deliver “end to end” eCommerce capabilities.
This role is ideal for a true digital or eCommerce polymath rather than single-field expert. You’ll be responsible for delivering and supervising complex strategies, which require seeing the bigger picture on developing areas and incorporating this into strategic recommendations from various areas of the Marketing and eCommerce ecosystems.
The Regional Strategy Director will work with the Regional Commerce Lead (Americas) to build out the expertise, strategy, merchandising, activation, and product development for the practice in support of Publicis Media and our agency brands. They will need to truly understand how Commerce can drive our clients’ business and size opportunities. Additional areas of responsibility include:
• Collaboration with the Global Product Lead to help improve and drive product strategy and capabilities
• Help build and rollout out an end-to-end solution set covering Commerce strategy, media planning/buying, and digital merchandising in support of brand.com, pure play, and retailer/reseller channels and opportunities
• Establish external partnerships to further improve our capabilities, footprint and marketplace presence
• Responsible for collaborating with the client teams to develop strategies focused on: client planning, content strategy and development, online activities, commerce analytics, and digital technologies
• Build strategies relevant to the brand’s categories, markets, and relevant consumer trends
• Develop unique approaches to e-commerce and linking media to sales (through online and/or offline data)
• Help develop the agency eCommerce measurement framework (CLV, CAC, NPS, etc.)
• Identify new areas of eCommerce opportunities beyond current organizational thinking that enables our clients to win in commerce
• Identify data sources and technologies that are relevant to build top notch clients strategies
• Drive thought leadership and practice visibility internally and externally by helping publish thought leadership pieces and white papers
• Help make Publicis Media’s Commerce Practice a center of excellence and business driver for the Groupe
• 7+ years of experience driving eCommerce success in relevant markets
• Strong data and partnership background to understand both the opportunities and limitations of working with online retailers
• Demonstrated success building out brand strategies and solutions relevant to our client verticals (FMCG, Tech, Confectionary, Petcare, etc.)
• Ability to influence at the C-level and to help drive the Commerce strategy across the business, utilizing other teams to support a Commerce vision
• An entrepreneurial flair in an ecosystem that is not fully developed yet
• Detailed understanding of the retail market, focusing on Marketplace Business Models (Amazon, Alibaba, Lazada, Flipkart, etc.)
• Strong understanding of market consumer trends and marketplace readiness
• Expert when it comes to customer journey, path to purchase, and shopper motivations/barriers
• Excellent presentation and communication skills, and the ability to transmit information, ideas, and solutions across different levels of stakeholders
• Ability to manage and lead across a highly matrixed organization
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.