- Wood Ln, Shepherd's Bush, London W12, UK
Digitas is The Connected Marketing Agency, relentlessly committed to help brands better connect with people through Truth. Connection. Wonder.
Our team is deliberately diversified — with experts in data, strategy, creative, media, and tech working seamlessly across capabilities and continents to make better connections and achieve ambitious outcomes through ideas that excite, provoke and inspire. We are endlessly curious and fully transparent, always examining real human behaviour to create authentic connections — between brands and consumers, clients and partners, and ideas and outcomes.
Digitas operates in over 25 countries across six continents and is part of Publicis Media, one of four solution hubs within Publicis Groupe, which is present in over 100 countries and employs nearly 80,000 professionals
The Display Manager reports to the Account Director. Their remit is to oversee the management and proactive growth of one or more key accounts and to manage work across the account team, generally consisting of one or more Display Account Executives or Junior Display Account Managers.
The role is to focus and be an expert on display media, however, a broad understanding of all digital media channels is desirable to help contextualise display
Day to day the role will involve:
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of display campaigns for one or more key accounts. This includes responsibility for the delivery of the display strategy as well as planning, buying and ongoing optimization
- Organising, preparing for and delivering campaign updates and regular client review meetings
- Proactively looking to sell in new ideas with clear rationale and justification on a results basis
- Work with other agencies to help produce clear strategies and campaigns spanning multiple channels
- Coordination of clients and creative agencies to hit deadlines and assist in the production of assets to specification where necessary.
- Working closely with colleagues from other media disciplines and client servicing to ensure budget is always managed most efficiently and data is shared across all channels
- Liaise with any other departments internally to the benefit of existing clients (creative, analytics, CRM etc)
- Manage monthly reconciliation and financing of clients and to ensure accurate and timely invoicing from media partners
Qualifications and Experience
- Ability to build strong working relationships with clients to effectively and confidently communicate.
- Problem solving and trouble shooting skills with the ability to identify and escalate as necessary
- The candidate should a strong understanding of the changing display market place, new ways of buying and new creative formats.
- Ability to brief media partners on campaigns and manage the return of information to ensure client proposals are of the highest quality.
- An understanding of the workings of the agency’s research tools is expected so that these can be used in order to interrogate audiences, establish a target audience for planning purposes and understand online media consumption habits. The candidate should also be able to train others in the use of these tools.
- Ability to evaluate and interrogate media owner deals, selecting the most appropriate combination of opportunities from which to build a display media plan.
- Ability to produce well thought through plans with clear insight and rationale that can be sold in to clients.
- Ability to see opportunities internally with clients not currently trialing display.
- Ability to secure additional value and negotiate larger scale deals with media owners
Must be able to evidence the following:
- The candidate should possess a thorough understanding of the tracking process and be familiar with at least one major ad server, ideally with knowledge of others. Specific knowledge on how to traffic campaigns is an advantage
- Ability to work with junior team members to check that all placements have been successfully trafficked and implemented through reports.
- Ability to escalate issues quickly and efficiently with line manager and / or the Ad Ops team
- The candidate will be expected to arrange regular updates for themselves and the team with key existing and potential publishers and suppliers
- The candidate should be familiar with the IAB and the trade press and Display Account Managers are expected to use Digitas’ memberships to read up on case studies and market insight as relevant for their clients
- Ability to independently research new areas of the market or areas of opportunity and present these to the team
- The candidate will be expected to gravitate towards certain aspects of planning and buying the interest and excite them over time in order to become a department spokesperson on these topics
- Understanding each of the broader media services that we offer (paid search, SEO, affiliates and email) and how display interacts with these. The level of detail will vary according the specific clients the individual works with within the media team, although a clear understanding of each is expected irrespective of the day to day remit