Supervisor, Ad Tech
- 205 Hamilton Row, Birmingham, MI 48009, USA
About Starcom Worldwide
Starcom is the Human Experience Company. A world-renowned media communications agency, we believe the alchemy of people and technology creates experiences people love, and actions brands need. With more than 5,000 employees worldwide, Starcom partners with the world's leading marketers and new establishment brands, including Airbnb, Coca-Cola, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles, Kellogg Company, Kraft Heinz, Samsung, Visa and more. Starcom is part of Publicis Media, one of four solution hubs within Publicis Groupe [Euronext Paris FR0000130577, CAC40], and has offices within Publicis One.
About The Role:
Key part of integrated technical team responsible for account specific technical implementation of digital campaigns including display trafficking, video trafficking, research partner coding, tagging, etc of digital media campaigns. Responsible for contributing to the design, development and execution of campaign operational process with both internal and external contacts to ensure digital media plans meet client specified expectations.
What You’ll Do:
In Corporate Speak: Responsible for overseeing the flawless execution of campaign operational process
In Ad Tech Talk: Be a leader on the front lines of the digital advertising industry where technology is ever-changing
- Oversee global Ad Tech Associates and support the media and creative teams to activate digital campaigns (display, video, social, mobile, and programmatic)
- Co-lead strategic conversations with client and media teams around technology integrations that can improve efficiency, range or quality of data, or support new media
- Support Associates in the basic aspects of the trafficking process, including connecting placements to creatives, setting up consistent configurations, and collecting clean data. Lead the more complex aspects of trafficking, including Floodlight tags, DMP integrations, network upgrades, and more
- Lead conversations with the media team on ways to work faster and smarter. Collaborate with fellow Ad Tech Managers on process to prevent errors, to ensure consistency, to create a bomb-proof QA checklist
- Collaborate with vendors on behalf of creative agencies when troubleshooting is required
- Become a Subject Matter Expert on any number of technologies; keep yourself and the team up to date on the ever-evolving media landscape through regular research and writing POVs
- You may work across multiple clients, in which case we want you to share the best practices of each with the rest of the group in order to improve our output and standardize our work
- Assist clients in technology tests such as verification partners, and mobile ad servers
- Be responsible for holding media teams and creative agencies to execution timelines
What you’re like:
- Polished and on point. Highly detail oriented, an excellent time manager, obsessed with accuracy, a strong critical thinker, and able to juggle multiple tasks/clients (if you can juggle apples, too, we’ll be impressed)
- A patient and diligent troubleshooter, unwilling to let go of a problem until it is solved
- Good at building relationships – a creative problem solver, a customer service expert, a great team player
- A proven manager of individuals and leader of teams; able to adapt to the mood of the collective
- A good communicator – able to write clearly, speak professionally, and teach complex technical concepts to a non-technical audience in a way that helps the ideas stick
- Unafraid to speak up in meetings large and small – TAAG contributions to decision-making are important, and while you don’t have to be loud or boisterous, you do have to be willing to be vocal and active in all discussions.
What we expect to find in a Supervisor of Ad Tech:
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in digital media (agency or publisher side)
- Four years of college education preferred (technology, marketing, computer engineering, web development, mathematics, or any other geek-friendly focus will do)
- A passion and/or skill for training and development, as the role involves both doing your work and supporting others on the team in their pursuit of excellence
- Experience with digital platforms – if you can go deep on programmatic (DMPs, DSPs, Exchanges), the ins-and-outs of second- and third-party vendors, ad servers of all stripes (display, video, social, mobile), Tag Management Systems (GTM, TagMan, Signal, etc.), and/or VVF vendors (viewability, verification, and fraud prevention), we will have a great conversation
- Exposure to and/or interest in online advertising bid and pricing models (CPA, CPM, CPC, CPI) a bonus
- Starcom clients are primarily DCM users, but if you know Sizmek or Atlas, or another similar ad server, please tell us. Also don’t be shy about your expertise with floodlights, rich media, etc.
- Knowledge/experience with the Doubleclick Digital Marketing suite (DDM) and/or Google 360 suite helps
- Skills in QA’ing ad tags and conversion tags in a browser environment or tag diagnostic tool are pretty key
- The ability to rock the Microsoft Office suite, particularly PPT and XLS (it’s all about filtering and pivoting)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.