Associate Director, Analytics
- 35 W Wacker Dr, Chicago, IL 60601, USA
Starcom is the Human Experience Company. A world-renowned media communications agency, we believe the alchemy of people and technology creates experiences people love, and actions brands need. With more than 5,000 employees worldwide, Starcom partners with the world's leading marketers and new establishment brands, including Airbnb, Coca-Cola, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles, Kellogg Company, Kraft Heinz, Samsung, Visa and more. Starcom is part of Publicis Media, one of four solution hubs within Publicis Groupe [Euronext Paris FR0000130577, CAC40], and has offices within Publicis One.
Starcom is a world-renowned media agency that delivers meaningful brand experiences. Starcom helps get the right consumers’ attention and creates brand-building results for many of the world's leading companies. Our people are transformational, dynamic, relentless and fearless experts. We seek out and develop these attributes in our talent and put these qualities to work for our clients.
The Starcom Decision Sciences team is 75+ members strong and growing. Team members are seasoned media and consumer insights experts, skilled statisticians, tech lovers, data visualization gurus, and intellectually curious individuals. Our team leaders recognize that the roles and responsibilities of members should serve the client and agency needs as well as provide momentum to each individual’s career trajectory.
The Associate Director drives rich emotional and behavioral consumer understanding and connect the consumer’s needs to media planning and buying. ADs measure the impact advertising has on consumers from a brand and ROI perspective and develop ‘test-and-learn’ approaches that roll-up to the client’s larger learning objectives and key performance goals. This independent contributor role is also responsible for providing strong perspective and ongoing analysis of business and media data to share with cross-disciplinary audiences.
- Execute best-in-class measurement & insight development to impact client strategy
- Collaborate with client research, insights, and analytics teams to gain a deep knowledge of the client’s business goals and challenges to establish cross-channel learning agendas
- Construct "test and learn" experiments, execute primary research and mine business data to evaluate ad effectiveness for both online and offline media
- Field client questions around media and planning by identifying an appropriate research approach, exploring available data, and summarizing results into an actionable and client-ready response
- Support measurement execution and report on key metrics for in-campaign performance--behavior, brand impact, and ROI
- Advise on management of data sources for real-time intelligence or attribution readiness
- Create innovative approaches to address complex research and measurement challenges
- Drive day-to-day research efforts while contributing to broader learning roadmaps
- Lead and support media teams using syndicated data and proprietary tools to drive media targeting and budget allocations
- Evaluate data partners and new capabilities in the marketplace to ensure our research is cutting edge
- Perform hands-on analysis of campaign, competitive, and marketplace data to support planning process
- Create client-ready presentations and present at client meetings
- Craft POV’s for internal and external knowledge sharing
- Manage, mentor, and motivate direct reports
- 5+ years in media/marketing research, consumer insight, business consulting, or digital advertising research
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in marketing, advertising, business, engineering, statistics, economics, or sociology
- Experience with multiple methodological approaches in developing consumer, media, and brand insights
- Understanding of 1st, 2nd, and 3rd party consumer data sets, and experience in analyzing and finding actionable insights therein
- Familiarity with consumer survey vendors (Millward Brown, Research Now, Insight Express, etc.) and survey development
- Understanding of media agency planning and buying processes is preferred
- Some knowledge of statistical software and coding languages (SAS, SPSS, R, Python)
- A passion for making complex topics and subjects relatable for a broader audience
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.