Senior Associate, Social Strategy
- 35 W Wacker Dr, Chicago, IL 60601, USA
Digitas is The Connected Marketing Agency, committed to helping brands better connect with people through Truth.
Social Strategy – Senior Associate
Digitas is a highly-caffeinated playground where brilliant minds come together to make bold, award-winning creative. We use data-driven insights to guide our work, but we also believe in a healthy dose of spirited storytelling as we strive to transform the marketing landscape. Right now, we’re looking for a Social Media subject matter expert to help us bring that transformation to life through social.
Day-to-day, your role includes:
· Monitor online conversations
· Participate in online conversation via posts to build brand visibility and thought leadership
· Creatively and proactively assist the brand’s and your Digitas team in the development of social strategies, playbooks, etc.
· Serve as the initial point of contact for inbound requests from the social client team
· Identify, analyze issues, patterns and trends in in the client landscape and with brand agnostic digital trends
· Create and ideate, every. single. day.
· Establish benchmarks for metrics and develop a reporting schedule including recommendations
· Analyze campaigns and translate anecdotal or qualitative data into recommendations and plans for revising the social media campaigns
· Identify and engage advocates/influencers
· Proactively escalate and communicates issues, observations, opportunities, and insights to the appropriate client team
· Establish credibility as a thought leader on new social media tools, best practices and how organizations are using new tools, in order to gain a rapid competitive (and early adopter) advantage
· Further establish Digitas credibility in the Social space by participating in professional networking arenas - attending/speaking at relevant events
We’re looking for strong, impactful work experience, which typically includes:
· A 4-year degree and 1 to 3 years working in digital and/or communications
· Experience living in the social media universe—you’re in-the-know on YouTube, Reddit, Tumblr, Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, blogs, etc.
· Excellent research and writing skills—and the ability to create smart content quickly
· A passion for blogging, microblogging and Facebooking – or just creating content in whatever platform you favorite
· A strong understanding of marketing strategy, particularly feed marketing
· Experience sourcing and managing content development and publishing
· The ability to back up great creative ideas with sound analytical reasoning
· Willingness to travel – you’re open to new places, new faces and new idea
Got what it takes? We’d love to hear from you.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.