Junior Media Account Manager
- 2 Television Centre , 101 Woodlane, London, England
Digitas is The Connected Marketing Agency, relentlessly committed to help brands better connect with people through Truth. Connection. Wonder.
Our team is deliberately diversified — with experts in data, strategy, creative, media, and tech working seamlessly across capabilities and continents to make better connections and achieve ambitious outcomes through ideas that excite, provoke and inspire. We are endlessly curious and fully transparent, always examining real human behaviour to create authentic connections — between brands and consumers, clients and partners, and ideas and outcomes.
Digitas operates in over 25 countries across six continents and is part of Publicis Media, one of four solution hubs within Publicis Groupe, which is present in over 100 countries and employs nearly 80,000 professionals.
The Digitas Media Team delivers media services to clients across Display, Programmatic, Paid Social, Paid Search, SEO and Affiliates across teams in Edinburgh and London. The team works with a broad range of clients varying from retail to travel and B2B.
Our mission is to create wonderful digital experiences by connecting media with data, technology and creative to win in the moments that count.
Reporting to the Programme Manager, the Junior Media Delivery Manger is responsible for ensuring the digital media planning, buying and activation for clients is delivered on time and to spec. The Senior Media Delivery Manger will be expected to contribute across all channels but will be beginning to develop expertise in one or two specific areas.
You will be expected to own client finance, team resource and scope, and make recommendations based on budget and operational levers. Should have a comprehensive understanding of the various media platforms and the advertising opportunities across them. You will support Senior Media Managers and Media Directors with the review and assessment of campaign performance and will need a strong understanding of the principles of digital media and the common measurement approaches.
You are expected to lead weekly client status calls, maintaining a clear status sheet and ensuring tasks are completed on time and to budget. They will contribute to client meetings – providing rationale for recommendations and insights into performance.
As a Junior Media Delivery Manager, you will typically work in a multi-disciplinary team and have exposure to all digital channels and a number of different clients but begin to develop expertise in a single channel. They will be to provide guidance and counsel to junior members of the Media team.
- Allocate tasks within the client team – under direction of GMD (or other senior team members)
- Weekly reporting/recording for company (including resource forecast & reporting)
- Develop client proposals and statements of work leveraging experience of key discipline leads
- Manage and develop client change management process
- Maintain finance details with clients
- Maximise revenue by delivering to client margin targets
- Manage outgoings of account beyond client team e.g. 3rd party costs or overheads – ensure these are passed through to client
- Supports business operational processes (e.g. facilitates end of client reviews, etc.)
- Develop clear communications and engagement matrices for team interaction both with client and wider Groupe.
- Ensure version control of client documentation e.g. MBA’s, Media Plan.
- Motivate others in your team or client to come up with new ideas and initiatives. Encourage them to challenge current approaches / methods.
- Escalate issues to senior staff when appropriate.
- Ensure activation and execution happens within timeframe agreed with client(s) and media teams.
- Lead updates at regular client review meetings and status calls on specific channel(s)
- Work closely with colleagues from all media specialisms to ensure budget is always managed most efficiently and data shared across all channels
- Ensure accurate monthly reconciliation and financing of clients and to ensure spend is delivered according to media plan and clients receive accurate and timely invoicing from media partners
- Experience in a media/digital/marketing environment
- Experience managing marketing, creative or technology clients
- Evidence of management of small client teams to a successful conclusion
- Self-starting, with the ability to work independently with little direction and tight deadlines
- Ability to put administrative structure and organisation in place on new or existing clients
- Can articulate Account Management methodology – processes, practices, team management, client delivery phases
- Ability to turn requirements into a viable client plan and marshal resources required to deliver
- Business process orientation
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and priorities
- A strong team player who is able to work on a complex account and see how their work can fit in for the benefit of the clients business
- High attention to detail to ensure accuracy throughout process from campaign set up to finance reconciliation
- Excellent numeracy and Excel skills
- Collaborative, team player with inquisitive attitude
What you’ll get in return:
- Comprehensive benefits package and competitive salary
- We offer competitive pension plans, income protection, life assurance, Childcare vouchers and season ticket loan (after probation)
- We strongly support a work-life balance and encourage agile and flexible working across the business.
- Subsidised massages, acupuncture and wellbeing treatments
- The opportunity to learn from some of the most talented and knowledgeable digital marketers in the country.
Inclusion & Diversity
Digitas is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.
If you have any reasonable adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with the recruiter who contacts you.