- 375 Hudson St, New York, NY 10014, USA
Data Sciences is a centralized global practice within Publicis Media, the media-centric solutions hub of Publicis Groupe [Euronext Paris FR0000130577, CAC 40]. Data Sciences drives transformation across Publicis Media’s global agency brands via the provision of a scalable and consistent approach to data and technology. Data Sciences is powered by a leading, global data/tech platform; best-in-class technology management and consultancy services; unified workflow solutions; differentiated products and client solution stacks; and strategic oversight of all major data and technology partnerships.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our team as an early learning Associate Software Engineer, and be a part of an interdisciplinary team that creates stellar data-driven internet-based solutions. You will be responsible for the success of all technical and functional aspects of a project. Day to day, your responsibilities will include working with innovative technologies. The Software Engineer will be an integral part of a team that delivers for the portfolio of proprietary products designed and developed by the Publicis Media Data Sciences organization. As a full-stack engineer, you will have exposure to a variety of technologies including modern front-end frameworks, big data tools, and other cloud based services. The role requires an engineering or computer science background and a solid understanding of database and object oriented software development concepts. Your primary responsibility in this role will be troubleshooting data and software issues from the backend acting as a liaison between the engineering and product teams and end users. The ability to work across multiple projects simultaneously and troubleshooting both UI issues as well as data issues is key for this position.
Your day to day will include:
- Display of thorough technical understanding of Publicis Media Data Sciences platforms and products
- Assist end users in the resolution of reported issues with our products
- Troubleshoot software issues by stepping through code to reproduce reported software flaws and understand the reason for the software behavior
- Engage with product team to understand if the actual behavior of the software is the intended behavior
- Identify defects in software code and make recommended code improvements to the engineering team
- Conduct data analysis across multiple systems to determine root cause of data discrepancies
- Analyze ETL flows between systems to understand possible data drop offs or failures in processing
- Identify workarounds for existing software bugs
- Bachelor's degree or are a college junior, degree or program in Computer Science or related field is preferred
- A self-starting sense of urgency with an eye to commitment of quality and professionalism
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Possess a passion to stay on top of tech trends and to experiment with and learn new technologies
- Ability to translate business concepts into technical requirements
- Natural problem solving skills
- Software development experience using modern languages (C#, Java, etc.)
- Experience with Object Oriented Design patterns
- Understanding of relational database concepts and design
- Solid foundation and knowledge of SQL
- Knowledge of code versioning and continuous integration tools a plus
- Familiarity with network architecture and system administration
Got the goods? We would love to hear from you!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.