- 35 W Wacker Dr, Chicago, IL 60601, USA
Digitas is The Connected Marketing Agency, relentlessly committed to help brands better connect with people through Truth. Connection. Wonder. Our team is deliberately diversified—with experts in data, strategy, creative, media, and tech working seamlessly across capabilities and continents to make better connections and achieve ambitious outcomes through ideas that excite, provoke and inspire. We are endlessly curious and fully transparent, always examining real human behavior to create authentic connections—between brands and consumers, clients and partners, and ideas and outcomes. Digitas operates in over 25 countries across six continents and is part of Publicis Media, one of four solution hubs within Publicis Groupe, which is present in over 100 countries and employs nearly 80,000 professionals.
Art Director – Creative
Become a Creative at Digitas, a highly caffeinated playground where brilliant minds come together to make bold, award-winning advertising. We use data-driven insights to guide our work, but we also believe in a healthy dose of spirited storytelling as we strive to transform the marketing landscape. Right now we’re looking for an Art Director who can amaze us with an exceptional ability to transform high-level concepts into cutting-edge visual solutions. Sound like you? Read on.
What you’ll do:
In this role, you’re always ready to design and execute integrated, cross-channel advertising initiatives – you can turn daydreams into reality with flair and speed. You’ll spend quality with your good friend Photoshop, yes, but you’ll also collaborate with creative directors, copywriters, designers, and other key members of our creative team to produce awesome, industry-leading work. Day to day, your role will include:
- Creating and communicating concepts that intrigue and inspire your both peers and clients – with smart rational to back them up
- Designing comps, storyboards, initial graphic concepts, and final deliverables
- Brainstorming and developing campaigns while working with clients on multiple projects at once
- Collaborating and partnering with copywriters to ensure that both the copy and the visuals are in perfect synch to make the concept as powerful, vivid and compelling as possible
- Assisting the Creative Director to improve the Creative group’s technical and creative performance
What you’ll bring to the table:
We’re looking for an Art Director who is both exceptionally qualified and a delight to work with, which usually includes:
- Energy, a sense of humor and an open & curious mind (yes, these things really do matter)
- Exceptional conceptual and design skills and a robust portfolio that shows your talent in both print and Web
- Strong experience on large cross-channel and/or direct-marketing initiatives across media, both online and off
- Strong expertise in Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign, in-depth understanding of HTML/dHTML and Web browser capabilities, and strong typographical, motion graphic, and interaction design skills – including Flash, Ajax, Flex, and emerging platforms
- A willingness to travel as needed (hey, new places, new faces, new inspiration – right?)
- A four-year degree, plus two to four years of art direction and strong digital design work experience
- A knack for strategic brainstorming, campaign development, creative brief development and creative execution
Got what it takes? We’d love to hear from you.
Digitas is an equal opportunity employer.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.