- 40 Water St, Boston, MA 02109, USA
Digitas is The Connected Marketing Agency, committed to helping brands better connect with people through Truth. Connection. Wonder. With diverse expertise in data, strategy, creative, media, and tech, we work across capabilities and continents to make better connections and achieve ambitious outcomes through ideas that excite, provoke and inspire. Curious and fully transparent, we are always examining real human behavior to create authentic connections—between brands and consumers, clients and partners, and ideas and outcomes. Digitas has 3,300 employees across 12 countries and 24 offices, with an extended network via Publicis Media of over 23,500 employees present in more than 100 countries worldwide. To connect with Digitas or learn more, visit www.digitas.com.
Data & Analysis – VP, Data Science
Digitas is a highly-caffeinated playground where brilliant minds come together to bring bold, award-winning ideas to life.
The Data & Analysis team uses data-driven insights to fuel strategic growth for clients. We believe that data should never exist in a vacuum; instead, it should be put to work to bring the best ideas and stories to our clients.
Digitas Data Science practice sits within our DNA (Data & Analysis) capability, and develops industry-leading analytical solutions for clients across industries, channels and business functions. We apply a bespoke and cutting-edge arsenal of statistical, analytical and computing techniques to complex data problems at scale, with an emphasis on game-changing—and measureable—business impact. We work in close collaboration with colleagues across all agency disciplines to develop truly innovative, highly effective, data-powered solutions for our clients.
To help with this, we’re looking for an outstanding Vice President, Data Science – an experienced professional and passionate problem solver to evangelize our offering and to scale our offering within the agency. Sound like you? Read on.
What you’ll do:
Our Data Scientists deliver analytic solutions across a wide variety of client applications. We build inferential and predictive models, including machine learning algorithms and AI; we process, integrate and manipulate big data with distributed systems and customer data pipelines; we synthesize results and translate findings into compelling stories that resonate with clients.
As a VP, Data Science, you’ll define, lead and evangelize groundbreaking analytics solutions leveraging the suite of agency Data Science offerings.
Day-to-day, your role includes:
- Leading cross-functional teams to define, implement and promote cutting-edge analytical and data engineering solutions with new and existing clients such as:
- End-to-end customer data integration, activation and enablement.
- Rigorous statistical modeling and inferential analysis.
- Machine learning and AI development and applications.
- Providing strategic vision and alignment for client engagements.
- Synthesizing complex, technical concepts and outputs into compelling story lines that resonate with a variety of technical and non-technical audiences.
- Engaging with colleagues across the agency to identify new and improved pathways for data-powered solutions.
- Providing expertise in fundamental skill areas such as statistical methods, machine learning, AI, distributed computing, and programming with open-source languages.
- Delivering thought leadership and innovation in process, technique, and implementation.
- Sharing knowledge, debating techniques, and conducting research to advance the collective knowledge and skills of our Data Science practice.
We’re looking for rigorous analytic breadth and depth and 10+ years professional experience in a data science or analytics role, which typically includes:
- Extensive experience leading and executing projects that span data engineering, data mining, data modeling, and business strategy.
- Robust, fundamental expertise in areas of statistical methods, distributed computing, machine learning, AI, and/or a variety of open source programming languages
- Experience integrating a variety of data sources, methods, and applications to achieve specific objectives
- Proven track record of technical and analytical innovation that delivers measurable business impact
- Proven track record leading and scaling teams of data scientists
- Flexibility to operate across technologies, industries, or level of scale and complexity
- Demonstrated ability to flex seamlessly from highly technical, analytical discussions to higher level, strategic conversations
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.