Talent Acquisition Manager
- London, UK
Publicis Media is one of the four solutions hubs of Publicis Groupe alongside Publicis Communications, Publicis.Sapient and Publicis Healthcare. Led by Steve King, CEO, Publicis Media is comprised of five global brands, Starcom, Zenith, Spark Foundry, Blue 449 and Performics, powered by digital first, data driven global practices that together deliver client value and business transformation. Publicis Media is committed to helping its clients navigate the modern media landscape and is present in more than 100 countries with over 17,500 employees worldwide.
We are built on the foundation of Trust, Talent, Transformation:
Trust is the cornerstone upon which we build our relationships. We hold ourselves to the highest standards of how a partner should behave.
We treat our people and our clients with respect, transparency and honesty.
This is first and foremost a people business. We are committed to ensuring Publicis Media a destination for the best talent in our industry. We value people as individuals, growing ourselves as we grow our client’s business.
True transformation comes when we stop managing change, and instead initiate change. We believe in our purpose to be the admired force for business transformation. We believe that focusing on performance and results has the power to transform client business.
As Talent Acquisition Manager, you’ll be a key member of a vital in-house talent function, responsible for identifying, sourcing and attracting top talent for vacancies across one brand of Publicis Media UK.
You’ll be involved in driving candidate attraction, helping our teams to acquire the best talent across the following areas:
- Communications Planning & Strategy
- Digital Investment
- AV Investment
- Publishing & Audio Investment
- Performance Media (Programmatic, PPC, SEO)
- Data & Insight
Based in-brand and reporting to the Senior Talent (HR) Partner, this role will also work closely with the wider Publicis Media Talent/HR team to ensure current and future staffing needs are met. You will play an instrumental role in supporting the company’s hiring strategy and will manage the full recruitment lifecycle across multiple disciplines and internal stakeholders. You will also have the support of a Talent Assistant to support with admin.
- Work the recruitment process from end-to-end, playing an active role in sourcing, selection and arranging interviews for all vacancies within the business.
- Act as the market expert with all internal stakeholders, effectively engaging and influencing them in the end to end recruitment lifecycle.
- Screen candidates before interview by phone or in person to ensure suitability
- Source top talent for immediate vacancies and our talent pool, using a variety of direct sourcing methods including; Our ATS, LinkedIn, Job Boards, Social Media engagement, Networking and Employee Referrals
- Build and maintain network of top talent through pro-active market research and on-going relationship management; conducting in-depth interviews of potential candidates and demonstrating ability to anticipate hiring manager needs in a fast-paced, growth environment
- Manage and refine our agency PSL, and be the primary contact for all recruitment agency relationships in an effort to reduce our usage
- Negotiate complex offers to close candidates, leveraging your market expertise to effectively compete for top media talent
- Build university partnerships in support of our current graduate and apprenticeship programmes
- Plan and manage all Graduate and Apprentice assessment days
- Develop our employee branding, working with the business to ensure job descriptions are consistent and up-to-date across the agency for all key roles
- Increasing our social media presence to demonstrate our culture to prospective candidates; being active on Instagram, Snapchat, and Twitter pages and encouraging a hashtag culture with new starters
- Promote referral opportunities; sharing open vacancies with the agency on a monthly basis and identifying opportunities to further promote referrals
- Contacting regretted leavers to identify opportunities for rehire on a regular basis
- Management of internal transfers where appropriate; ensuring a smooth transition for employees and line managers
- Regular, accurate reporting and progress updates to senior leadership and the wider Group talent team
- Work with the support of Talent Assistant to ensure smooth candidate onboarding; checking all candidate paperwork is correct and sent to new hires in a timely manner.
- Meeting with new starters to promote referral opportunities and understand previous agency structure/teams for prospective candidates
- Train hiring managers on recruitment processes and interview tips and techniques
- Checking and approving recruitment POs for agency payment
Knowledge, skills and attitude required
- Solid experience in a recruitment position (agency or in-house)
- Experience recruiting within the UK Media industry
- Experience using LinkedIn Recruiter, an Applicant Tracking System and social media to recruit and attract top talent
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with a natural interest in people and a strong ability to network
- Ability to upwards manage and influence senior stakeholders
- Self-motivation and the ability to use your own initiative to achieve results for your stakeholders
- Can deal with ambiguity and prioritise work in a constantly changing environment
- The ability to build genuine relationships and to network with people at all levels
- Able to explore new avenues whereby to source talent and attract profiles
- Team spirit, commitment and a strong work ethic
- Outstanding organisational skills
- The ability to work effectively under pressure
- Tact, diplomacy and the ability to deal confidently with challenges when they arise
- Knowledge of appropriate recruitment legislation
- Excellent negotiation skills to close candidate offers
Our business has a lively culture and we like to spend time together. We hold monthly all-company socials and an annual summer conference where everyone can get to know each other better!
Training is critical to our people’s development and we have a strong training programme in place for all seniority levels, including the extensive Publicis Media Talent Learning & Development programs.
From mid- March 2019 you will be based in the new BBC Broadcasting House (White City, west London), a stunning redevelopment. With Westfield opposite you will be spoiled for choice in how to spend your lunch break!
Prior to mid-March we are based on Cleveland Street, W1T.
Benefits and perks:
- 25 days holiday
- Participation in annual Company bonus scheme
- Life cover (4 x salary)
- Permanent health insurance (3/4 of gross salary index linked up to the age of 60)
- Company Pension
- Free breakfast every day
- Subsidised canteen
- Free eye tests, £50 off first pair of glasses
- Dental insurance at reduced rates
- Discounted gym membership (Fitness First)
- Season ticket loan
- Bike to work scheme member
- Free employee support program including financial advice and counselling
- Monthly all-company ‘Skint Night’ socials
- Publicis Media agile working policy
- Training including access to Linkedin Learning and continued Talent Team L&D sessions