VP, Content Strategy
- Atlanta, GA, USA
Moxie is a modern marketing solutions agency that expertly leverages the value of data, content and technology to help our clients grow. We push the boundaries of what's possible to outperform the competition in the areas of strategy, creative, social marketing, media, analytics and technology development. Founded in 2000, Moxie has 300+ talented employees in Atlanta, Los Angeles, New York and Pittsburgh. Owned by global media giant Zenith — part of the Publicis Groupe — Moxie is able to quickly leverage cross-company areas of enterprise, talent, experience, resources and tools. Moxie's client roster includes Verizon Wireless, Verizon FiOS, Delta, Porsche, Ocean Spray, Wells Fargo, The Coca-Cola Company, and Ainsworth Pet Nutrition.
SEEKING: Storyteller on steroids.
We need an editorial maestro to choreograph brand stories for our clients across traditional, digital and new mediums for large global and national clients.
We are the largest agency in the southeast and we are moving counter-clockwise to the landscape. How? By hiring hybrid creative and strategist types like yourself. With this position at Moxie, there is a unique opportunity to set content strategies in motion across the search web, the social web, the connected web and the influencer web.
Content Strategy involves equal parts editorial storytelling and cultural arbitrator. You know how to lay out an issue of a magazine—the cover story and the reoccurring editorial features. But at the same time, you know what clever pun fits the moment, what headline will grab attention, what gif or video consumers will find interesting and sharable. It is being a hacker of sorts, quickly unpacking and expanding a story when it’s catching fire and dangling relevant content stacks in front of audiences to drive brand chemistry across mobile, web, media, social, voice/gesture, experiential and even digital products.
Here’s the day to day:
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Lead Content Strategy for large global and national accounts, including one of the world’s largest airlines
- Lead annual planning, brand summits, and large client meetings
- Oversee the creation of global/national Strategies and is the “face of the team” to clients for those deliverables
- Serve as a close partner to Account Directors and lead clients to create the vision and growth opportunities for accounts
- Create comprehensive content strategies and content communications plans covering all aspects of their digital presence including paid, earned, owned, and shared
- Manager of a team with multiple skill levels – including direct reports, and leadership across cross-discipline teams
- Partner with customer experience team on website content, work with the media team on distributed and native strategies and partner closely with the team social team to deliver integrated advocate, influencer, publisher and fan engagement strategies
- Lead and inspire creative conception of breakthrough content ideas through writing briefs and briefing creative, while brainstorming with and working alongside them daily
- Monitor cultural trends using listening and trend monitoring tools to translate cultural topics into timely and relevant marketing content
- Initiate, leverage and manage 3rd party relationships and partners in the content and influencer space, and host “ideation” sessions with partners to create innovative content solutions for new or next clients
- Lead new business pitches on behalf of strategy team while, energizing and bringing teams together around a single vision, collaborating on the development of the pitch story arch and presenting in front of executive-level clients
- Identify thought-leadership needs and explore opportunities to speak publicly on behalf of Moxie
Nature and Scope
Reports to SVP, Strategy
This position will have direct reports.
Requires some overnight travel
Bachelor’s degree in journalism, PR, marketing, communications, or related
Years of Relevant Experience
7+ years’ experience in content strategy experience or equivalent
Editorial experience on publisher side is a plus
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Competencies
Must be fun
Passionate, highly driven and highly motivated to help us build the next great agency
Track record of creating content strategies that align with customer journey, customer psychology, and leverage digital platforms to the fullest extent
Content strategies and writing samples that make us laugh, cry, applaud and want more
Must be passionate about emerging trends and an early adopter of digital technology, with knowledge of trending cultural topics
Other creative skills (photography, graphic design, videography) a huge plus
Understanding of paid strategies (OLA, blogger programs, SEM, Social Paid Media, native advertising) and dynamic content messaging in complex, data-rich consumer environments
Proven track record of social media and branded content strategy development and execution across major channels (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, etc.)
Understanding and past experience using analytical tools used for listening, website, and app statistics (e.g., Google, Adobe, Sysomos, Crimson Hexagon)
Energetic, engaging and inspirational presentation style, both written and oral
Ability to lead top talent and inspire creativity of team members
Still reading? Good. Come talk to me, because my last message to you is… pick a boss, not a company.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.