- Bentonville, AR, USA
This role sits at the client, Walmart, but is employed by Moxie and MRY, two agencies within the Publicis network.
Moxie is a modern marketing solutions agency that expertly leverages the value of data, content and technology to help our clients grow. We push the boundaries of what's possible to outperform the competition in the areas of strategy, creative, social marketing, media, analytics and technology development. Founded in 2000, Moxie has 300+ talented employees in Atlanta, Los Angeles, New York and Pittsburgh. Owned by global media giant Zenith — part of the Publicis Groupe — Moxie is able to quickly leverage cross-company areas of enterprise, talent, experience, resources and tools. Moxie's client roster includes Verizon Wireless, Verizon FiOS, Delta, Porsche, Ocean Spray, Wells Fargo, The Coca-Cola Company, and Ainsworth Pet Nutrition.
MRY is a dynamic creative agency that unlocks cultural relevance to create ideas that uniquely captivate and compel. Our approach is rooted in behavior science which gives us a deep understanding of the human experience. Our ideas are designed to be channel-proof, so that they are not bound by media, but come to life with contextual reference.
Part of Publicis Groupe, MRY is headquartered in New York and works with some of the world's leading brands. We offer a full spectrum of services to make sure our big ideas meet all the needs of our clients: Walmart, Kellogg's, Aflac, Five Guys, and more.
The Account Director is a leader who owns a large relationship, and in this case, is imbedded with the clients in their headquarters office in Northwest Arkansas. This is an amazing opportunity to be the imbedded employee at a major client, representing the agency and driving all scoped work. The ideal candidate will be business, marketing, content and social media-savvy, with high emotional intelligence.
Internally, the responsibility to lead and grow the account organically lies with the Director, who identifies opportunities and positions Moxie and MRY’s programs and services. Externally, the role is the key point of contact and leader of the client relationships, and includes intimate understanding of the client’s business, competition, organization, people, and politics. For this unique opportunity, we need a strategic thinker who has grown up in social and is equal parts architect and executer. A Director leads, manages and mentors junior team members, directly and indirectly. This role may also include contributing to net new business opportunities for the agency. This person typically has more than 8 years of professional experience.
Our clients’ main goal is to influence elites’ opinions of the company by utilizing digital/social channels and compelling content; and also to support, encourage and influence associates. Secondary goals include shifting perception of the general public, building brand affinity, and helping to drive sales through social.
The role of this Director includes:
- Build trust to become invaluable strategic client partner
- Be the “scope police” while always ensuring the clients get maximum value
- Contribute proactively to client team activities and meetings (such as weekly inspiration meetings with cool articles to share)
- Serve main clients while building relationships cross-functionally
- Drive projects with your remote (ATL) team in concert with a project manager
- Ensure client expectations are set, then met or exceeded
- Consistently contribute new ideas for both process and content to clients, proving value daily
- Integrate into the Walmart team culture, while maintaining Moxie spunk and individuality
- Immerse and understand a complicated org structure, navigating interpersonal and inter-departmental politics with grace
- Facilitate relationship between client team members to their Moxie counterparts, especially for analytics and creative
- Evangelize Moxie and MRY and our expertise and capabilities at every opportunity
- Help shape both creative and strategic deliverables by being the voice of the client in reviews
- Responsible for client revenue in the range of $1-2 million, with incremental growth each year
- Ensure the health of the business to which he/she is assigned (client satisfaction and profitability to Moxie) in conjunction with the SVP Account Director
- Uncover opportunities and grow business through thought leadership, client/category expertise and consistent delivery of good work
- Create presentations to communicate client and/or competitive intelligence - both internally and externally
- Drive thought leadership through knowledge and expertise in social, both historically, today and what’s on the horizon
- Seek out and proactively surface forward-thinking ideas and opportunities that drive the client’s business forward
- Partner and collaborate with media, analytics, creative, digital and content strategy teams – as well as other, outside agencies - to deliver integrated strategies and find solutions to client challenges
- Manage development of client presentations for new initiatives with cross-functional experts and present in conjunction with SVP Account Director and other team leads
- Present recommendations (both written and oral) to clients in order to get their buy off
- Partner with analytics to uncover insight, evolve performance and drive the brand forward
- Working with Moxie and MRY strategy teams:
- Provide POV from inception to implementation to determine if it delivers on the objectives and strategy set forth initially
- Dig into and synthesize research foundational insights for social strategies
- Create comprehensive social strategies for our clients that move beyond channel tactics and support broader business objectives
- Translate strategy into execution, unpacking the strategy and partnering with account, project management and other disciplines to bring the strategy to life
- This includes recommendations on how to work within the client organization to bring strategy to life by drafting (and following) ways of working with agency and key client stakeholders across several groups
- Lead and manage the execution of social strategies, campaigns and initiatives—being able to confidently address and plan for questions ranging from social format to platform functionality
- Lead and inspire creative conception of breakthrough social ideas through writing briefs and briefing creative, while working alongside creative
- Serve as ombudsman between agency and client, representing the broad scope of interests on the segments to which he/she is assigned
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.